Ryder nodded as I got the first aid kit.

I put Neosporin on his hand and wrapped it in gauze. He helped me get back on my crutches before I headed downstairs.

Well, he met me downstairs so he could carry the popcorn back up the stairs. Watching the movie got his mind off of things for a while and it was nice to see him looked relaxed while he was asleep.

I prayed he had better days ahead.

But the next three days was anything but easy.

I went to Charlotte for sixteen hours to get my cast replaced with a boot when I came back to Georgia my family was with me for the funeral.

The funeral was a funeral. There were many tears, some laughs, and more tears.

It was everything Cathleen would want.

It was nonreligious and instead of reading scripture, poems were read. All of her immediate family remembers read something they wrote about her and it was touching. I knew he hated the laughing and the smiling at his house after, but it was something I wanted him to do again.

After anger came bargaining.

He was constantly thinking of ways he could make his Mom come back or things he could have done differently so she would still be here.

And I hated that he was constantly blaming himself for his Mom's death when there nothing he could have done differently to prevent it.

I stayed in Georgia with Ryder while he and his family healed.

Maybe it was a good thing my car accident happened. I got to be here with him and not have to worry about work.

The compensation from the wreck helped too.

But no compensation from the wreck could help with the wave of depression Ryder was going through.

I did as much as I could to take stress off of his load.

Even if it was doing his laundry, cooking, or cleaning up the house.

Then Valentine's Day came along.

I made Ryder heart-shaped pancakes, eggs, and fruit. I brought it up to him in bed and the look on his face was priceless.

"Baby." He swooned, "You're so fucking cute."

"Happy Valentine's Day, my love." I said as I placed the tray in bed

Then for the first time in a while, I saw a smile on Ryder's face.

"I can't believe this." Ryder beamed, "And to think you ditched me last Valentine's Day."

I grinned as I sat in bed next to him, "Don't act like we were a thing."

"I gave you a dozen long stem, red roses." He reminded me as he began to eat

Then I heard the doorbell ring.

I looked at him, "It's nine in the morning, who is that?"

"Go see." Ryder winked

I gave him a look before I walked downstairs. I opened the front door to see a florist holding a vase.

"Miss. Johnson?" She questioned me

I nodded, "That's me."

"Here's a special delivery for you, happy Valentine's Day." The lady smiled as she handed me the vase and teddy bear

I took the vase and teddy bear, closed the door, and ran back upstairs.

"Ryder James!" I beamed, "Two dozen roses?"