Chapter 1 - A New Start

[Edited ✔]

"Come on Y/N!  We have to finish unpacking!"  I was lying on my bed in my new room as my best friend, Kate, banged on my door.  We both moved to Massachusetts to look for new jobs, though it was mainly to get away from my ex, Jack.  He cheated on me and I ended up dumping him.  Jumping off my bed I grabbed a jean jacket and threw my hair into a ponytail.  I opened the door and said,  

"Come on Kate!  You're being worried for no reason!  Lets at least look  around the town first!"  We both ran down the stairs and put our shoes on.

"Yeah, maybe I am being a little paranoid."  We laugh and open the door.  As I was trying to lock it up again we looked over and saw two young men running towards us.  They had mud and what looked like eggs all over them.  One was carrying a camera and they were both laughing.  As they get closer Kate started laughing and so did I.  They turn and acknowledge our presence for the first time.  "Cut that... cut it." one of them say.

"So, I take it your our new neighbors?  I'm Elijah Best and this is my brother Ethan Best."  Elijah said, grinning.

"Yeah, we're new here.  I'm Y/N and this is my best friend, Kate.  I must say that's an awfully weird way of welcoming people!" They both look at each other and grin.  "Okay, I really don't think you did that for us." I continued.

"Well, have you ever heard of Sketch or Bandi Rue?  We're both YouTubers." Elijah says.  I racked my brain for any thoughts as I stated at the twin.

"Oh!  I think I've heard of you!  Aren't you in The Pals?"  Kate said, saving me.

"Yup!  Not Ethan, but I am." Elijah replies.

"Y/N we live next to YouTubers!  Isn't that cool?" Kate asked, grabbing my arm and giving me a small shake, pulling me out of thought.

"Huh?  Oh yeah!  Say, we're going out... any places you suggest?"

"There's a cafe down the road by the shopping district!  They have some good coffee!"  Ethan says. "Hey, Lije, we gotta go finish this vid!"

"Oh yeah!  Hey, if you guys ever wanna stop by, your welcome!" Elijah says.  They start to run across the field back to their own house.  I stared after them and Kate noticed.

"Ooh!  You totally like Sketch!" she says, poking you playfully.

"No!  It's too early for something like that anyway!  Come on, let's go!"  but Kate was already in the car.  I sat next to her in the driver seat.  Starting the car and pulling out of the drive we're silent. 

"You know you like him, Y/N.  Just wait."  Kate said with a sly look on her face.

***********************************************************************

A/N 

Well then!  That was the end of the first chapter!  I know how short it was but it's a work in progress!  I really hope you liked it and I promise my writing will get better as it goes along!  The next chapter will have more in it, this was just kind of an introduction. Welp, bye!  <3