Chapter 1 | Just Another Day

3rd Person POV

"Okay, that's all for today class, we will continue next meeting."

Miss Riadel looked at Zell's direction and asked him to erase all the writing in the board. He stood up and cleaned the board while the teacher walked out of the room. After the task, he went back to his table and a yawn escaped his mouth.

"The usual atmosphere and activities are boring. Why did I even return here if there is nothing that can entertain me."

He brought out his lunch box and stared outside of the window beside him. He heard a chair being placed beside him and glanced to its direction and saw Aiz, bringing out her lunch and putting it on his table.

"What are you doing?"

"I'll eat with you? Got a problem with that?"

He asked her with one raised eyebrow, which she answered bluntly.

"Come on, let's eat now."

"After you finish, Aiz. I'm just looking outside so don't mind me."

He looked outside again with a bored look.

"Hey, come on."

"Later."

You could see the other students staring at their direction while whispering. Few moments later a brown-haired boy approached the two.

"Why are you even rejecting the school Idol, Zell. She just wants to eat with you, and maybe you don't know how lucky you are."

The handsome boy, Castell Viridia, glared at Zell which he returned quickly. Aiz could only sigh, and look at Castell.

"Could you leave us alone, Castell? I'm sure you haven't eaten lunch either."

"That's why, I'm planning to invite you to eat with me in the cafeteria."

Aiz ignored him and started eating her lunch beside Zell who is still staring outside, leaving his lunchbox open. This made Castell irritated, and then without thinking, he suddenly threw Zell's lunchbox outside the classroom through the window. Aiz was surprised, and Zell only heaved a sigh as he looked at his food outside, that not even the five second rule could save.

"What do you want Castell!? Could you stop that behavior of yours unless you want me to kick your ass out of this room right now!"

Aiz stood up while forcefully pushing Zell's table, moving it a few inches away from her and glared at Castell after who have a mocking smirk.

"You can do it any time, but the question, can you do it?"

Castell's smirk widened. Aiz's anger is about to explode. She clenched her fist and gritted her teeth until a hand rested on her shoulder making her calm down.

"Don't worry about, I'll just eat later at the cafeteria."

She looked towards Zell who also stood up and is fixing his uniform. He sighed and looked Castell.

"Now if you please excuse me, I have a lunchbox to fetch."

He left the classroom while hearing some of the gossips of his classmates. Aiz could only look at his back while he leaves the classroom. Suddenly she heard someone click his tongue.

"Tch. What a killjoy. Let's go."

Castell turned his back towards Aiz and also left the classroom heading straight to the cafeteria, with his followers behind him.

Zell stepped out of the building to get his lunchbox. He looked at the once delicious but now dirty food spilling out of his lunchbox.

"Jeez, makes me think I'm more suitable in another world than here."

He sighed and picked up his lunch box and went to a nearby trash can to discard the content of his box.

"There goes my cooking... Well there's no use crying over spilled milk, rather spilled lunch."

He went straight back to his classroom and looked at the wall clock above the glass board. It's still half an hour before the lunch break ends. He was about to step out of the class when he heard Ainz calling out to him.

"Hey, Zell! Come here!"

Walking towards her seat, he asked.

"What do you need?"

"Well you can have this!"

She grinned while showing him her half finished meal. Looking at her with nonchalant eyes, he suddenly dropped his fist on Ainz's head.

"Don't be an idiot. It would spread more rumors. The school idol giving her meal to a plebeian like me would not be good to other's eyes. I might die from the looks of jealousy from the boys."

He shook his head as he hold it with his hand while the piercing glares of the surrounding students hit him on his back. Killing intent was oozing out of his classmates while Ainz just looks around and shrugs.

"Does it look like I care? They are the ones who pinned this title to me."

"I do care! It would sully the reputation of mine and yours so don't treat me like this when we are school or we'll be both in trouble."

"Tch, they are just jealous of our relationship."

She turned her head while clicking her tongue. Scratching his head, he retorted.

"Don't say things that will invite unwanted misunderstandings!"

The class is now filled with killing intent. And the thoughts of his classmates became whispers of death.
He can't tell if it's just a hearing hallucination or it's real. He hopes it's the former.

"Mou, you're being mean now Zell. It's just an act of good will to my friend and now you scold me for that?"

"Have you been listening?!"

"Of course, no."

This reply brought his hand to his face. He gave up. She didn't listen to any of his words. He returned to his table with a gloomy aura.

"She's hopeless."

He muttered. Ainz looked at him with a puzzled look. She walked towards him and called out.

"Hey, Zell. What's wrong with you?"

"That's supposed to be my line. I can't really laugh at your airhead personality."

His brain whined internally as he buried his head on his desk.

"How can this beauty be that much of an airhead?!" He thought.

"Eh? Why?"

"Shush... Just treat me later. Now go back to your seat before they would think of more misunderstanding."

"Yeay, I know a good place to eat!"

More misunderstandings and rumors start to circulate in school concerning the duo. This is just another day to Zell's life. You could hear his thoughts cursing in the background.

And me? Oh don't mind this humble creature. I'm not an important factor in this story. Please just pretend you didn't see this. Well, that's what I can tell you for today. I'll tell you more next time. Bye bye, to the one who is reading this~

-----

Hello, dear readers! It's been a while, eh not a while? Months? It's just a while for me. Ah you're asking for updates? Hmmmm... Wait did you? I don't remember. Tehee~

Jokes aside. So yeah after rotting in the corner of my drafts, this the first chapter of Return of the Hero. Oh, I know you're excited about the update. Yes I know, and you know who you are. I can't tell if this is a good chapter but I hope it is (even though I do think it isn't).

See ya next time~