Chapter 1: The Awekening.

First hours in the morning in Oldale. The few people in this town greeted each other as usual after they started to do their daily chores, but this day is different, today many children are going to get their first Pokémon. Many of them are with their parents asking them if they can be the next Pokémon Champion.

"The sky's the limit son," said the father to his son. "Only You can break those limits" added the parent after patting him in his back. The family continued their way to the bus station. In a distance, a teenager was watching them with a smile in his face.

"That's bullshit," grinned the teenager as he took one cigarette and put it in his mouth. "Whoever said that is an asshole, why lie to your kids?" the young one started to laugh to himself as he searched for his lighter in his pocket, but he couldn't find it.

"Here," said a man who was near him as he passed his lighter. The teenager takes it and thanks him.

"You want one?" the young one gave his packet of cigarettes to the man, but he rejects it.

"I'm going to Littleroot in a few minutes, so I don't want the smell of tobacco in my clothes," responded the man as he took seat alongside the boy. "When's the next bus to Littleroot?"

"Now"

The young one pointed to the bus station and both of them saw how the transportation was leaving, the man sighed and leaned back in the seat, he took his cellphone and checked the hour and some other applications, but he was interrupted by the teenager who was giving him one of his cigarettes.

"After this, yeah give me one... What's your name?"

"Tess," responded the boy after expelling the smoke in his mouth. "My mother wanted a girl"

The man didn't respond to that, he laughed a little as he lit his cigarette, with caution, the man take a look at the teenager, he has a light brown skin thanks to how the Sun is stronger in this region, his brown messy hair says he doesn't like to brush it, but he uses a visor to try to hide it, his opaque orange jacket covers his white shirt that has a very famous logo in the Hoenn region, his washed out jeans gave a sign that those are old as his age.

"You're going to spend the day here?" asked the man as he exhales the smoke.

"Yes..."

"School or work?"

"It's summer man and I don't want to get a job," Tess answered with an apathetic voice.

"I see..." The man throws his cigarette and step on it to turn it off. Then asked a new one from Tess, "I didn't introduce myself, my name is Joseph," the man doesn't receive an answer. "So... what's your goal in life?"

"To leave this goddamn place," responded the young one as he throws his cigarette. "Everything I do here is worthless," Tess took his pack of cigarettes and searched for one and put it in his mouth.

"I can help you with that," the man smiled to Tess, but he started to laugh.

"I am a good for nothing, I don't have skills to survive in the outside world, I'm... worthless," he exhaled the smoke out of his mouth, then he leaned back in the seat.

"The sky is the limit and you are the only one to break it," words that made Tess laugh. "Do you know who I am?"

"You already say it man... You're..."

Tess stopped for a second and7 observed the man who was talking, he wears a gray cross suit buttoned all the way up, his grays pants are a match with the suit and his shiny shoes are a sign that he preoccupies his personal attire, but the thing that make Tess to recognize this man is the black Homburg who rest in the legs of Joseph, he takes it and put him in his head to highlight his pale skin.