xii | kitalpha

hyunjin found that the next few days were easily survived if he ignored the Black's threat and just continued with life. 

minho had eventually let down his barrier for jeongin despite his misgivings and was more than happy to spend a lunchtime cooing at the younger's antics. 

felix had introduced jeongin to a whole lot of trends that had stopped being trendy a few years back, but only felix was called annoying and uncool; jeongin landed with "cute". 

chan had seemingly adopted jeongin and was constantly mothering him around, making sure his classes were alright and that he was eating enough.

even changbin had found himself letting out an "aw" when jeongin did a cute imitation of a dance that hyunjin had showed them all the day before. 

however, it was seungmin who grew the closest to jeongin. this meant that the three of them had become almost best friends in a sense. although jeongin really was the link between the two of them, seungmin and hyunjin were connected by a strong bond of friendship. 

it seemed weird that they'd all met by chance but somehow formed a strong bond in such a short period of time. even more so, it seemed weird that the next week they'd all be part of a music camp; all of them participated in some sort of music tuition with the school. 

apparently they counted dance for hyunjin and minho; neither of them were rappers or singers or played any musical instrument.

hyunjin was ready for what he though was going to be a week of chaos.

but clearly he was getting ahead of himself. it was only wednesday in his second week, afterall.

the letter came on thursday.

hyunjin had walked into school early that morning, and opened his locker. he spotted a large white envelope and smiled to himself, thinking it was yet another love note. he'd had quite a few in his locker recently, but most had been chucked in the bin without reading. 

did that make him unfeeling? hyunjin didn't know. he was just uninterested.

hyunjin was about to throw this letter in the bin as well, when he realised his name was not written on the front - no. it had been typed, cut out and stuck on the back. that grabbed his attention; why not just write his name - or dear or honey or sweetie, he'd seen all of those and more already - on the envelope? 

interested, hyunjin ripped open the ominous-looking envelope and unwravelled the folder paper.

his breath was caught in his throat as his eyes caught the first line. the only line.

"the change must occur between now and the weekend." 

there was no greeting or sign-off, telling who the letter was from. hyunjin supposed that was purposeful; this letter wasn't meant to sound friendly.

obviously, the letter must've come from the Black bully, as hyunjin had dubbed him. clearly, the bully had noticed that he'd made no efforts to stop jeongin merging into their friend group. and clearly, the Black bully was not pleased.

sighing, hyunjin folded the letter back up and chucked it into the bin. 

if you ignored bullies, they'd sometimes leave you alone. he sincerely hoped this one would. 

but for the moment, he wasn't giving up his friendship with jeongin, and his sister was unharmed, so the threats were meaningless. 

for the moment. 

---

it was lunch time again, and everything was laughing at felix because he'd somehow confused snow and eye. afterall, they were pronounced the same in korean. but felix somehow had thought that it would make perfect sense if chan's previous sentence had been "it was rainng last night, but we almost got eyes".