vii | denebola

"what do you mean, i have to stay here overnight?" hwang kyuri was furious. not only was she forced to stay in hospital all day, but they were also forcing her to sleep there. 

how was she ever going to sleep? she probably had a mountain of homework she'd missed receiving. and the pregnancy wards were nearby - babies' screams rang through the air every minutes. not to mention that the walls were painted white, just like everything else. if there was one thing kyuri hated, it was the lack of colour. white (and black, for that matter) always made her feel trapped. it was one of the reasons why her room at home was painted in the cheapest yellow paint - the baby colour at least felt less clinical. 

"i promise i won't get hurt again. in fact, i'll go straight home-" bargaining with a doctor was useless, and kyuri knew it. 

"can i at least have a phone? to call my brother?" she really needed him to drop off school notes or something. just ao she wouldn't go out of her mind. 

"alright." Dr Choi handed her a land-line phone which she kept in her own medical room. "press 0181 before you call, else it won't ring outside the hospital." kyuri nodded as the doctor walked away to give her some privacy. 

ringing

ringing

ringing

boy, was hyunjin ever going-

"how long does it take to accept a call?" she complained, when the other end finally picked up. 

"kyuri? whose phone are you using?" 

of course, the hospital had a different number to her own which had been left at home.

"Dr Choi's."

"you're still at the hospital? damn."

"bitch, you forced me to come here. the least you could do is tell me you got some class notes."

"fortunately for you, i did. also fortunately, i got some of your classmates to say 'here' when your name was called so you were at school, apparently."

"thanks." even hyunjin on the end could hear her sigh of relief.

"also, i think you may be a trillion times more popular now that everyone knows you're my sister."

"cocky idiot." kyuri rolled her eyes although she had to admit it was probably true. wasn't she a good-looking girl? why was it only pretty boys got all the attention?

"hey, do you want these notes or not?" 

"fine. hurry up and get your ass over here."

"i'll take my time." 

"you better n-" kyuri began, but hyunjin had hung up.

and take his time her brother did. 

kyuri found herself glancing up at the clock and she took note of how long it was taking hyunjin. it was a fifteen minute walk fom their house to the hospital, max. 

but hyunjin had taken longer than twenty minutes.

than thirty.

than forty.

maybe he hadn't been home, she reasoned.

when fifty had gone past, kyuri stomped out of her "minor injuries-overnight" ward and immediately walked back in afted realising she had nowhere to go inside the hospital.

finally, her brother showed up, an hour since her call.

"what the actual fuck took you so long?" she demanded angrily.