It's Not Over

Chapter 7:

It's Not Over

-Kevin-

Kevin was more than a little surprised when he was shoved away. If it weren't for his instinctive reflexes he would've fallen on his ass like a tipsy idiot. Thankfully though after stumbling just a little he caught his footing. He was ready to beat down the blonde, already assuming he was the one who had done it. But he realize that man wasn't the one that had pushed him. He was definitely bewildered when he took in the sight in front of him. Russell stood in front of the dizzy looking blonde, shielding him. Keeping them both from doing anything that might cause a scene.

He couldn't understand what he had done wrong, wasn't this supposed to be the moment he became Russell's knight and shining armor? Wasn't this his chance to get back into Russell's good graces? Putting his confusion aside, seeing Russell so defensive for the drunkard only fueled the fire to his rage and jealously. He took a step froward, the urge to rip the blonde apart too strong to resist.

This time he wasn't surprised when he was shoved yet again. The boundaries Russell set were simple to understand, the warning in his eyes plain clear. He didn't want him anywhere near his companion. Kevin's impulses were making it a lot more difficult to obey Russell's wishes, he wasn't a man that liked to be rejected or powered down. But when he heard the words, "Back off," leave Russell's mouth he had no other choice. He clenched his fists and took a step back. The situation they were in didn't need to get any more complicated than it already was. He didn't need Russell to have any other reason to hate him.

There was thick tension as Russell and Kevin stated each other down. This was the first time in years they had made direct eye contact for this long, Russell seemed like he couldn't stand it. The wire of tension was cut loose when the blonde peeked over Russell's shoulder like a curious child. He swung his arms around Russell hugging him from behind as he rested his chin on the brunette's shoulder.

His eyes squinted in a suspicious manner.

He turned his head so his lips were nearly touching Russell's ear it seemed both seductive yet childish. His voice came out in a slurred whisper, as if he needed to tell some big secret, despite his attempt Kevin could hear every word loud and clear.

"Hey Russ, isn't that the guy you were in love with back in school?"

Russell jabbed the blonde in the ribs with his elbow, obviously not appreciating his assessment. As Russell watched the man bunch over in pain, hugging himself and rubbing the spot he had been hit, Kevin noticed the odd fondness he had for the blonde behind the burning agitation. Hearing the man's voice and finally taking the time to really look at him, he could vaguely remember the guy to be one of Russell's friends. He searched his mind for a name, but he wound up blank. All he could muster up were faint memories of seeing Russell walking through the halls with the same blonde goofball.

Russell spared a single glance towards Kevin who had a grim firmly planted on his lips, pleased with the information he had acquired. "Alright buddy I think it's time for us to go," as Russell bent down to retrieve his friend Kevin pulled himself out of his day dreaming. He's had to do this for quite some time now.

He watched Russell slip his arm under his friend's shoulders, the woozy man wrapped his arm atop Russell's shoulder to keep them both steady. Russell lifted them into a standing position having no trouble to do so. "Wait Russell, can we talk?" Kevin finally managed to blurt out just as they were both starting to walk away. Luckily he took the time to turn back around, the cold distant look in his eyes just like earlier today. Kevin knew he didn't have the right to ask for such a request. He knew, perhaps maybe they both knew, all he wanted to do was give petty apologies. He was being selfish for asking, asking for more time, more words, another chance.

His eyes pleaded for Russell to say yes, although that might be wishful thinking. They stated at each other once more, Kevin took in all of Russell's features as if this would he the lat time he would ever see him again. He memorized every detail, every movement. He noticed then how Russell seems to cling to his friend instead of the other way around, as if seeking comfort, protection. For a moment he could see a flash of recognition in Russell's eyes. He could see all the pain, anger, and sadness that was suddenly exposed for just a mere second.

It was blocked away within another second.

Everything hidden away, covered by an expressionless face. Within that moment of their own little eternity, it was all gone. Nothing left but Kevin's desperation and Russell's anger. "No," that was all it took for Russell to walk away. All it took for Kevin to feel alone again, empty. He watched every step Russell took until he was out of the door.

Nothing left.

Kevin could only imagine the pain he out Russell through that day. All the years both of them suffered alone. All the years they outgrew their story. They could never go back to the way they once were. As he stood in the middle of that bar, alone once again, he refused. He refused to let this be the end of their story, it was only the beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I am terribly sorry for the late chapter I know my updating schedule is horrible.

My Internet was down for far too long.

I was also having a major case of writers block, I'm still going through the daze therefor this chapter being the outcome but I knew you guys deserved another update.

Keep in mind I have school so my schedule is really hectic at the moment, I appreciate all of your support for those of you who are choosing to stick around.

Thank you very much!

I promise to do my best and fulfill the amazing story that is Russell an Kevin.

~Altered_4Madness~