"Psh, only a like half a foot taller than you," I say back, just over a whisper.

"I... Never mind," she shakes her head. It's then that I realize we're moving in a circle, just spinning slowly. I chuckle and stop following her lead, standing still.

"You what?" I frown.

"Nothing," she shakes her head.

"Tifa," I look her dead on in the eyes.

"I just... I'm in love with Cloud," she blurts. I freeze, completely. Literally every muscle is tense. Then she bursts out laughing. "I'm kidding," she laughs.

"Not funny," I pout, letting her go and stepping away.

"Hey," she pulls me back down to her level. "I was kidding."

"But it wasn't funny," I frown.

"Should've seen your reaction."

"You know what I want to see you reaction to?" I smirk.

"What, you happen to be in love with Cloud too?" she teases.

"No," I shake my head.

"What then?"

"I don't know if I should tell you," I tease. "You wouldn't tell me what you were going to really say."

"Well, I was just...," she kisses me briefly, taking me by surprise. "Gonna do that. Now what were you gonna tell me?"

"I think this," I say, ignoring her question and trapping her against the fridge by putting one arm up to block her escape, not that she would run. "Would be a million times better."

"What, me being trapped in front of a fridge?" she gives me an amused smile.

"No," I shake my head. Then I duck my head and connect our lips before pulling away. "That."

She pulls me back again, as if she's never gonna get to kiss me again. I mentally roll my eyes and move closer, our bodies pressed against each other. Tifa reaches behind me and unclasps my sling.

"There," she mutters.

"I thought you liked it," I smirk, pulling away.

"It's not helping this situation," she smirks back.

"I swear if Cid walks in here," I shake my head and sigh.

"Then just keep going," she pulls me back again, her small hands running through my hair, fiddling with the black strands. I put my now free hand on the other side of her and she pushes me away for a second.

"Hold on," she messes with the buckles on my collar. Then it and the cloak drop from my shoulders to the floor. I bend over to pick then up, but Tifa tugs my arm.

"Leave it, just for Cid," she winks before reconnecting us. This time I put my hands around her waist, pulling her closer to me, our bodies fitting together like puzzle pieces. Then she frowns against my lips and tugs my bandana off over my head. I blink and pull away. Again. We're like having a conversation between kisses. Only she insists on removing all accessories...?

"It was bugging me," she smiles, tuning her fingers through the hair in front. "You've always got that thing on anyways."

"Maybe I..."

The door handle begins to turn and we instantly go back to our previous actions, me cupping Tifa's face and Tifa... still touching my hair like it's rare or something. She has black hair too! Go touch it all you want woman, just don't mess mine up. The door swings open all the way and Tifa mischeviously smirks against my mouth, unzipping my shirt and running her cold fingers over my chest. Then she turns us sideways so that Cid can see our awkward position.