5.

Mycroft sipped from his whiskey, looking into the fire of his fireplace, soft jazz music could be heard from his speaker. He rubbed his temples, he couldn't believe his sentiment had gotten him into this situation. He felt his heart beating to his chest and his eyes stung. Why had he been so stupid to think he had a chance with Joanne? After all he still was an old grumpy man, who had no friends and certainly did not deserve a woman like her.

The doorbell rang.

'My god, it's 11 o'clock, who on earth – Oh.' He gasped as he opened the door, Joanne standing right in front of him, a piece of cake in her one hand and a bottle of red wine in the other. 'Please let me explain.' She said with pleading eyes, Mycroft could feel his heart beating against his chest. He couldn't speak, so he just motioned for her to come inside. She moved past him, he could smell her fresh scent, wild flowers he thought. She sat down on his leather couch and placed her gifts on the table. 'Would you like a glass?' he questioned, she nodded thankful for this chance. When they both had a glass she began speaking, 'Look Mycroft, I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you first that I was going to leave.' She placed a hand on his arm, trying to make sure that everything was okay. 'It's okay, I'm sorry too for taking of like that, it was highly unprofessional of me.' 'It's okay.' They both smiled, You could say that Mycroft smiled even more, because of her hand on his arm. He took a sip of his wine again, 'So when do you leave?' he asked Joanne, 'Well' she said while putting her legs on the couch and putting her both hands on her glass, which disappointed Mycroft. 'In two weeks on Saturday, I will return after a month, then I will be back for a fair amount of time, since I am applying to a job at this auction house...' 'Really?' 'Yes.' 'Why?' 'Well, I'm that young anymore, so I'm looking to build a life, you know, get a dog and a proper house, maybe find a nice guy to date with.' She eyed him closely, looking for any reaction. He showed barely any emotion although on the inside he was in chaos. Is she saying that she would like to date... should I ask her on a date? Do I want a dog? Is she looking at me? 'Mycroft?' Joanne waved her hand before his eyes, 'I'm sorry what were you saying?' he snapped out of it. She giggled, amused by his behaviour, 'I said how about you? Don't you have a nice woman on the eye or something like that?' She filled their wine glasses again.

'I do actually, but timing hasn't been the best for the both of us, so I shall have to wait until it is to make a move.' He sighed, hoping she didn't know who he was talking about. 'Do you? Can you tell me about her?' 'Well, what would you like to know?' 'How do you know that she's the one?' she looked into the fire, her heart was beating against her chest, she almost believed that he could hear it. She had made up her mind, after Ireland she was going to stay in London, Sherlock had already offered his spare room for her to stay and she would sent out her Curriculum Vitae to the auction houses tomorrow.

'She is the first woman to ever let me feel things that I normally don't, I do not longer feel in control but like a bloody teenager whenever I think about her.' He blushed, Joanne smiled, 'I really hope that it works out for you, you deserve it. It's getting quite late so I think I'll be leaving.' 'Oh yes, of course, I'll lead you to the door.'

'Thank you for coming and clearing this up.' Mycroft smiled, 'Thank you for letting me in.' she lingered by the door, 'Come here,' She motioned for him to give her a hug, Mycroft gladly accepted the hug and took in her scent and warmth, she turned her face to kiss him goodbye, only to find his face already there, Joanne accidently brushed her lips against his. Quickly turning around, blushing heavily, leaving a love-struck Mycroft behind, still feeling her soft lips against his. Although he knew it was an accident, he could only hope it would happen more.