CONTEXT

Before you read, a bit of context:

Valentine was trapped in a Sim in Ireland before he managed to break out with the help of the Fates. This began the domino effect of the events of the Cupid's Match series.

Within the time frame of Cupid's Match and Valentine's Day, there is a small gap where Valentine's position is unknown.

I'd like you to believe, while you read this story, that he had moved to Downtown Los Angeles and began his research into the ideal conditions to create his zombified cupid slaves. And all things need shelter, so he finds a temporary home as Mallory Blue's roommate, disguised as an ecotoxicology researcher.

Alyona Zhurov is a lawyer, working in the department of Crimes Against Children, living alone and with barely any time to make her home feel like a home, she decides getting a roommate would probably make herself feel better about having an expensive apartment with no one living in it.

After four months of living together, multiple late-night post-work conversations and lots of take-out Chinese food and lasagna, Alyona begins to develop feelings towards the man with the velvety Irish accent, the bright blue eyes and the incredible ability to make mouthwatering, beautiful Italian dishes.

A week prior to the finale of Valentine's Day, Alyona confesses her feelings to Valentine, but in poor timing- Valentine would be leaving for an important 'conference' but promises to come back soon.

ps look at my covers sksks