60. The Goal

Kao

A/N

Crossing my fingers on this one. Okay, here we go...

"Pete! What the hell are you doing!?!"

My voice echoed in the stillness of the backstage. P'Earth and Pete both turned their heads at me.

"What the hell!?! Pete, have you gone crazy!?!"

I shouted at Pete when I was finally beside him. He didn't say anything when I pulled his hands off P'Earth. I waiid at the latter after I pulled Pete to my back.

P'Earth didn't say anything but walked quietly instead. I heaved a sigh when he was finally out of my sight. That was when I regarded Pete.

"I can explain."

Pete said when I looked at him. Why did this jerk look so amused then!?!

"I told you not to come anymore, right? How come you're still here? And to top it all, you were fighting with a professor! Seriously, Pete!?!"

I saw that Pete was already in his suit that was somehow similar with mine. Only if the night went differently, I could have swoon with how we were doing the couple outfit thing tonight. But Pete was testing my patience.

"Kao...."

I held my right hand up. To say that I was annoyed was such an understatement.

"Save it. I'm not in the mood. I'm going home."

I said and went back inside. I'd informed Que I'll head home first. Pete can fvck off!

I went to the main hall and tried to locate Que but I can't seem to find her.

So the asshole didn't run after me!?!

Okay. Great!

I heaved out an annoyed sigh.

I gave up looking for Que when it was already few minutes and she's nowhere to be found. I just gave her a text and made my way  to the exit.

I was almost at the door when the hall   suddenly darkened. The lights were suddenly turned off and music shut. There were epithets and protests everywhere. I cursed too. Why, the hall seemed to side with how I was feeling.

Although, it wasn't for long when a familiar aria enveloped the hall. The LCD screen at the stage that I didn't notice earlier lit up the same time a spotlight was directed at me and the other one to the side of the stage.

I squinted my eyes and widened it when I turned and I saw Pete on stage.

I furrowed my brows. My annoyance was replaced with confusion for the guy and with what's happening. I was even left to wonder more when the audience started cheering when the screen in front started playing something.

The spotlight wasn't helping but I was sure, those were photos of Pete on the screen. There were photos after photos.

I was positive I had no idea what was happening. I could only gape at the moment. I was convinced that it was already total confusion and not annoyance that I was finally feeling.

The slide started with Pete's photo from his highschool. Okay, so what the hell is really happening?!? As pompous as he was, Pete couldn't have went and crashed our college party just to show off, right?

Because even if he's a jerk, there was no denying that the jerk was good looking.

I  snickered with the thought. I was torn between watching the screen and looking at Pete whose eyes were fixed on me.