Chapter One

If you read this story before hand, I made some very important changes to it. I decided I wanted to go a different route. So please re-read, Thank you. 💛

I know Selena Gomez is a bit over used on wattpad as a face claim, but she passes for a Telmarine and she's really pretty. (I'm not a fan myself though.)

Hope you enjoy!
_____________

"Caspian, Caspian, wake up!" I hissed through the darkness, knowing my best friend was sound asleep at the worst time possible.

Just then Caspian's teacher Cornlieus snuck threw the door in a panic. I felt the urgency to save the princes life grow stronger.

"I'm trying!" I whisper, finally smacking Caspian on the head frustrated at him for sleeping so soundly.

"Five more minutes." He moans rolling back over. Boys. I swear.

"We're not looking at the stars tonight my prince, you need to wake up." Cornlieus stated being more kind than I could, walking over to the dresser to grab a few things for the princes journey.

"Why?" Caspians shoulder length hair lay in all directions, if it was another time I would have laughed at him.

"Your aunt has given birth, to a son."

Caspian understood the need for panic and jumped up right away. It was quite sad really, his uncle was a vile man and was now planning to kill him.

I followed the duo out the door, sneaking past the guards and out into the court yard.

"You must go Caspian, take this horse. Norah will guide you."

"I will?" It was a mixture between a question and a statement as I stood next to the brown horse. Sure, I had ventured out into the woods more often than I'd admit, but where would I guide him to?

"And take this, only use it in a time of great need." The older man spoke handing Caspian a horn. I didn't question it as I was lifted up onto the horse, Caspian then positioned himself in front and said his goodbyes.

Cornelius looked at me with an expression, almost like regret.

"There is so much neither of you know, Norah there is so much I need to tell you about who you truly are, but there is no time. Just know that everything both of you know, is about to change."

"Come with us." I begged as the guards came through the main entrance, they noticed us in a split second and started yelling nonsense. I was never that close to Cornelius, but I didn't want him to be captured either.

"Go!" He finally said, causing us both to jump and Caspian to signal the horse to run. I watched the professor as be speed away, silently hoping he would be alright.

Caspian road off in a hurry, we were almost out until a guard on another horse came racing towards us.

"Caspian go faster!" I cried watching the soldier near us.

"I'm trying." We made it through the gate and kept going straight into the forest. We all knew the legends of the Narnians, so I smiled as some of the guards wearily stayed at the edge of the forest.

But just as I thought we were going to be okay something knocked us over, I fell into the bushes feeling a little woozy from the impact of the hard ground. The night air nipped at my nose and it took a second for me to recuperate from the fall.

"Norah!" I could hear Caspian shout at me as I tried to stand up.

"Look what we have here." A large Telmarine guard grabbed my arm forcefully before I could run or scream in a hope for help, he shoved me into a sack, and then I sat in the dark, waiting for my fate. But before the guard could ride away with me, I heard the musical sound of a horn, and somehow I felt as if everything was going to be okay.

***

"You kidnapped my nephew, that is a sign of treason. I could have you killed, maid! Just tell me where he is!" Miraz shouted slamming his hands down on his "throne" arm rests. I rolled my eyes looking at the counsel that had gathered to watch my "interrogation."

"I didn't kidnap Caspian, I was helping save him from you, my lord." My fake kindness only aggravated the older man. The counsel members started to muttered among themselves, 'what does she mean?' Some whispered, others wondering who was telling the truth. It was me of course, but they would never believe that unless they had witnessed it with their own eyes.

"Liar!" He yelled once again, this time he stood from his chair and waltzed towards me standing in front of where I sat. I looked up at him from my spot in the middle of the floor, hands and feet tied because apparently a 16 year old girl is dangerous to them. "Instead of locking you in the dungeons, I'm just going keep you in the tower until you confess to what you have done with him."

"I'd rather be in the dungeons." I mumbled earning a small smirk from Miraz. The room he was talking about was no better than the dungeon, just in a higher position. It was a small room with a hay cot and a bared window, I only knew of it because it's my job to clean the castle. Yes, I am a maid. How did a simple scurry maid become friends with a prince you ask? We'll get to that later.

***

Inhaling a sharp breath, I sighed glaring at the wall. At least the dungeons had other people in there to talk to, it was so lonely in the dark tower room. I knew Caspian would at least attempt to save me and probably the professor if they had captured him, but would he succeed or would I be stuck in this small room forever?

_____

Hope you liked it, vote/comment. Tell me what you think, thank you. (:

I feel like almost everyone stops reading after the first chapter. Is it that bad?