Chapter 2

This is one of the most serious times of my life, the other two are when I died and the process of defeating Pitch with the other Guardians. My paranoia gets the best of me in serious moments. I felt like everyone looked at me differently, like I'm a criminal.

There is no such thing as just a library AND a bookstore in different buildings, instead they were in the same building. This building honestly looked more like a house than a store, it was also very close to the castle.

I went in and found only a few people in there at the moment. I looked around for a while, not really finding anything. I did find myself in a fairy tale book (Really? in a FAIRYTALE book? I'm hurt...), so I went to the counter to ask for assistance.

"Where are the historical books at?" I asked the man at the counter. Everyone was instantly silent, even more so than usual.

"Why do you want those books?" asked the man.

"Curiosity." I answered. That was true, just not the whole truth. He looked at me and grinned.

"Come with me." He said, then began to walk to the back of the store. I followed him and there were stairs leading down. The man started to go down when he gave me a hand signal to follow him, I followed and the door shut.

The man lit a match and then lit a torch for, of course, more light. The stairs were made of stone which I liked. Wooden stairs creak and make me nervous. After three minutes of walking down stairs, we came to another door.

The man unlocked it with a key and we went in. All I saw was shelves and shelves of books. The man lit more torches around the room and just stood in awe. This also made me curious. This man works here, doesn't he see this everyday?

"I was surprised when you asked for the history books, and very glad. I'm never supposed to come down here except when someone asks to." That explains it!.....sort of.

"Why aren't you supposed to?" I asked.

"Everyone knows the most dramatic events that have happened so why waist time on the details?" the man answered very matter of fact.

"Well I've heard that people who don't know or remember history, tend to repeat it."

"Hmm..makes sense. The books you are most likely looking for are over here." The man walked to one if the middle aisles and pulled some books out of a shelf. They were very dusty. He gave them to me and I sat at a near table. I was going through the books and found one that was published a month ago. I found that odd but it was title that really threw me off. It was called The Ice Queen.

"Excuse me? Uh, I think this book belongs upstairs." I told the man.

"Oh really?" He looked at the book then handed it back to me, "nope it belongs here."

"But it looks like a fairy tale book." I said. The cover was purple with a light blue snowflake on the front. The title had shiny silver lettering.

"Hehe, Arendelle has a pretty interesting history. That book has info from five years ago. The author finally got it published last month and it was stored here ever since." said the man. He smiled and walked toward the stairs.

"I need to get back to business, just come back up when you are done." I nodded then opened the book, The Ice Queen.

The first page really started to freak me out. I've never heard of someone who has ice powers besides me.......Is there another Guardian? No....Manny would have told me.

I have read about maybe two chapters and I still don't know who the "ice queen" is! Here is a summary of what I've read so far:

More than 20 years ago, a girl was born with dark brown hair and brown eyes. The parents loved her and cherished her when someone changed all this. A man came in the night and put a spell on the baby that turned her hair white and her eyes blue. No one knew she had ice powers until her second birthday. She controlled her powers for a few years and no one outside her family knew about it. One day she hurt someone and was locked up in a room for most of her life. Her parents died in a ship wreck when she was an older teenager. The girl kept herself isolated, afraid to hurt anyone else......then---

"Excuse me sir? We are closing in five minutes. Would you like to check out this book?" I looked up and the man who helped me earlier was by the stairs.

"Yes please." I followed him back up the steps and checked out the book. I didn't bother with the other ones, I felt like this is the only book I need at the moment.

"Feel free to come back any time!" Shouted the man as I walked out the door. I gave a short wave then went to look for a place to stay.