Chapter 1

Estella's PoV

"Estella, wake up. If father knows you aren't up for the Quidditch World Cup, you know what will happen, and I don't want to be there when it happens." Draco said, shaking me gently.

"Go away..." I mumbled, turning around.

"Estella, please. I don't want to see you hurt. I had to do some serious persuading to even let you come." Draco said softly.

I made a weird noise and continued to try and sleep. I heard Draco sigh, and walk away. He was going through my drawers and getting clothes, "At least wake up soon, I've set some clothes out for you. You have five minutes." He said, then the door opened, and closed.

I opened my eyes and laid on my back. I stared at the ceiling for a small while before I heard the door slam open with angry voice of my father joining the bang, "Estella Narcissa Malfoy! Get up this instant!" He boomed, storming into my room and slamming the door behind him. I heard footsteps rush behind the door.

My eyes widened and I shot up into a sitting position and quickly said, "Y-Yes, father! Of c-course, father!"

"Since when do Malfoys stutter? You best be quick or we'll be leaving without you." My father said, "Now, repeat what you said without the stuttering."

I sighed and looked down, "Yes, father. Of course, father." I mumbled.

"Look at me when you're speaking! Malfoys don't mumble either! I'm ashamed to call you my daughter! Why can't you be more like Draco?!" My father shouted, pointing his cane at me.

"Because I'm not good enough. I'm worthless, and Draco will always be the better child." I said, looking at him. This wasn't the first time he had asked me this, and often had me rehearse the answer I just said.

"Correct." He said, "Get up." He commanded, and I obeyed, "Come here." I silently walked over to him, "Hand out." I held out my hand, and squeezed my eyes shut. He tightly grabbed my wrist, causing me to wince from the past bruises, he held my wrist down on the dresser and slammed the cane on to my hand as hard as he could, causing an echo to go throughout the manor.

I winced, screamed, and sobbed all at the same time. I heard some gasps from outside the door, and my father threw my hand back at me, causing me to wince, "Still a weakling, I see." My father drawled, "Perhaps I should've sent you to a stricter school, with better discipline." then turned his back on me to walk out the door. And he left with the slam of the door.

I held my now bruised hand. I lifted it up and saw that it was already going purple and blue, I leaned against the dresser, and rubbed my hand. Tears pricked my eyes, and I wiped the tears that fell. This was the hardest he had ever done it. The door opened, which caused me to look upwards, mother and Draco rushed towards me and took my hand.

"Oh, my little star... I'm so sorry..." My mother apologised, "I can cast a concealment charm on it, it will last until after the cup." she said, and pulled me into a hug, kissing my forehead. Then Draco gave me one, and kissed the top of my head, since he's a head taller than me.

Mother pulled out her wand, and cast the concealment charm on my hand. It stung for a few seconds, then went away. "Get changed. Draco said he laid out your clothes for you." Mother said, "I'm so sorry for your father..." she said, tears coming out of her eyes.

"It's ok." I said, "It's not your fault."

"But-but... if only I could stop it..." She sobbed.

"Mother, there's nothing you can do about it. Even I know that." Draco said.

"It's ok that you can't stop it. What matters is that you both care. And that's enough for me. It's all I want." I reassured.

"Well-well... if you say so..." Mother said, wiping her eyes.