Chapter 6 Saved Animal

Nogla's p.o.v.

I was shaking in fear. My whole body was covered in bruises, marks and scratches. My owner was very abusive when he got mad. He use to love me... I was a part of a big family once. A little girl would always play with me and her parents would smile and pet me. But ever since that little girl and her mother left the house that day my owner has only ever shown sadness and anger. I tried to help him but all I remind him is someone that he lost. So he hurts me... t-tortures me... it hurts so much and it won't stop. He always throws me down the basement stairs whenever he's done with me. That's where I am now. On the cold basement floor, curled up into a ball, whimpering from all the pain I suffer. At least it's not completely dark.

There's a light coming from a small window. It hurts so much but I manage to get up on all my paws, slowly crawling to the small window. It was a high window so I had to climb up a staircase of old boxes. I lay on the top of the last box that was next to the small window. I've already tried to open the window before but it's locked on the outside so it's no use. I just lay there... helplessly. I close my eyes, waiting for the darkness to close in on me till I noticed something. Something was blocking the sun from coming through the window. I opened my eyes and see a bird. But not just any bird, a bald eagle? I tap on the glass to catch their attention and it works. The little eagle walks over to the window and sees me. The eagle had a look of fear and worry on their face when they got closer to the window. I pointed over to the latch and the eagle slowly opened the latch. Once it was unlocked I got really excited. Is this for real? Am I actually gonna get out?! I pushed open the small window up with the help of the eagle and slowly crawled out, pulling the window back down and locking it again.

"Oh god, you're worst than I thought. Are you ok? What's your name?" The eagle asked me in a worried tone. It's been so long since anyone cared about me that I didn't know how to react at first.

"U-Uh, my name is Nogla and I'm fine, I think. My body feels a bit numb." I tell the eagle. "What's your name?" I ask him.

"My name is Brock. Do you want me to take you away from here?" He ask me and I nod my head.

"Alright, get on my back." He tells me and turns around. I slowly get on his back and curl myself up into his feathers. I know you're not suppose to be going anywhere with strangers but he has offered me help and I would much rather go with someone who helps me then stay with someone who hurts me. After Brock makes sure that I'm safely secured on his back he opens his wings and flies into the sky. I feel the breeze run through my fur and smile. I'm free. I'm finally free! I smile to myself as that thought continues to run through my mind. I lay my head on Brock's back and close my eyes. I'm feeling a little drowsy, maybe I should take a nap...

Brock's p.o.v.

What am I doing?! I just met this stranger! But he looked like he was in so much pain, I couldn't just leave him to die there. If I'm being honest, I don't know what to do. His wounds need to be treated and he need to be somewhere safe. I continue to fly till I see a few trees. A forest, I guess that's better than nothing. I look back to see how nogla was doing but noticed that he was asleep. After everything he's been through, he deserves to rest. I think to myself before heading into the forest. I do my best to make sure Nogla doesn't get hit by any branches. I land by a creek with a beautiful waterfall. I lower Nogla onto the ground carefully and check him if he's ok.

"He's breathing steadily... cuts, bruises and scratches here and there... is he bleeding?!" I say to myself, noticing a small puddle of blood next to him. What kind of owner abuses such a small dog?!

"Hello? Anyone there?" I hear a voice call out. A few seconds later I see a owl appear along with a pig, horse, cheetah and a ape. Wow you don't see that everyday. (Luke, Johnathan, Ryan and Lui are finding berries)