"(y/n)?"
"yes kaito?"

kaito let go of you hand so he could grab your cheek. he brought his lips to yours as he kissed you.

"i know, i know i shouldn't have done this in the situation we're in, but i couldn't, i couldn't help myself."

you smiled at him
"it's okay kaito."

"i promise we will both make it out of here, no matter what. we'll kill the mastermind."

"kaito momota is the killer of ouma kokichi!"

you couldn't believe what that bear said.

"this can't be true!" you sobbed, your face was going to be stained from the tears, but it didn't matter. kaito broke his promise.

rantaro next to you, looked at you with sorrowful eyes. how he regrets what he said at first. he shouldn't have done it.

you ignored him, it was bullshit.

"aye aye calm down luck girl! your boyfriend is going to his execution, can't you just accept that."

'can't you just accept that?'

"she shouldn't have to accept her boyfriend is going to be killed." rantaro pipped in.

"i don't want your help." you spat loudly. you never forgave him. why should you?

"and i understand that (y/n)! but i'm going to help you. you deserve it."

you didn't care what he did, as long as he didn't lie about your actions anymore.

the trial came to a close, and kaito momota was the true killer of ouma kokichi. he promised you he'd survive, he promised to kill the mastermind. did he think, the purple gremlin was the mastermind? there was no way kaito was that stupid.

"y/n!" he called out, you didn't want to face him. scratch that, you couldn't do it. you couldn't bring yourself to look at him. you knew if you turned around you would see his usual bright purple eyes, dark with regret. you didn't want to see that, and you didn't want him to see your tear stained face.

"leave me alone."

that was the last thing you said, to your now ex boyfriend Kaito Momota, before he was executed.

you later found out, from none other than rantaro amami himself, that the execution didn't kill kaito. he died from his illness, something he never told you about.

xxx

life went on, sorta. you soon found out who the mastermind was, none other than the ultimate cosplayer herself, tsumugi shirogane. you were surprised, to say the least. the kind, sweet, quiet girl front she put up shocked you. kiibo sacrificed himself, so you, maki, himiko, and rantaro could escape.

maybe life, didn't go on as normal.

maki left. the lone wolf, and once one of yours and kaito's closest friends fled the day after you escaped. it was painful to watch her leave, but you knew it was best for her. best for her head. and the best way to know she wouldn't do anything harmful. you knew she would come back one day, she said she would.

himiko stayed for a few months, before ultimately deciding it would be best for her to go on her own as well. himiko told of how she was going to make it big one day. that the next time you would see her would be in a newspaper article or on the news. and after that? you would see her in person.

it was you, and rantaro. things were still shakey between you two. you never fully forgave him for what he did, almost a year ago, and he never forgave himself. you would have left with the other two, but you were to scared. you wanted to see your dad, but was he even alive? you wouldn't even know were to start.

the apartment that held four people at one time, now only roomed two people. the two of them never spoke, for the next two years. it was silent.

xxx

"y/n. can we talk?" rantaro asked calmly. it scared you for a minute, the only voice you had heard for the past two years was the lady on the tv and the cashier that gave you a sweet smile at the grocery store.
"what is it rantaro?". rantaro looked at you, it was obvious he had a lot to say, but he rarely spoke in large amounts. he was trying to think of how to say this with the least amount of words possible.
"i shouldn't have betrayed you. i took your kindness for granted, and i was scared. i'm sorry (y/n).". it had been what, two, three years since that day? you remembered it perfectly, and you never forgave him for it. but something told you that today, would finally be the right time to do so."

"i forgive you rantaro."