Chapter 1

Jisung was a nature boy, he adored the plants, the flowers, the birds, and he even loved the little critters that would crawl around the ground of his tiny garden. He would take hours out of his day to watch the birds fly around, peacefully listening to their chirping, smiling softly to himself, feeling the soft heat of the sun against his skin.

He would talk to the flowers in his little garden, as he used to say that it made them grow taller and faster. The boy talked to them about his day, where he would go and what lessons he had the next day.

He used to bring them into school and keep them inside his locker in a little vase with water and soil. He would then bring them out at break times to let them grow in the sun. One thing he would never do was cut them or removes them from their soil, saying that the little beauties could feel it.

"Why do you like flowers so much?" He smiled softly at the new boy in front of him during form time, silently thinking about his answer. This would happen every time somebody new would join his year group.
"We kill flowers because we think they're beautiful...we kill ourselves cause we think we're not. Flowers need to be protected. People are like flowers, some strive and become perfect, whilst others are crushed and destroyed. People also need to be protected, sometimes from us." and though he never really answered the question, he still gave a carefully thought-out answer.

His classmates were all striving, the definition of perfection. Meanwhile, Jisung was being crushed and destroyed by his own thoughts.

During Maths, Jisung stayed quiet and watched the birds outside. Jealous that the birds were free, they never had to follow the rules of the world, they could sing their songs without the world telling them otherwise. He wished he were a bird, he wished to roam the earth and let the world listen to his songs.

The young boy stayed in his daze and missed the bell ringing and everybody else leaving the room. The teacher called out his name, startling him from his thoughts. "Jisung? Are you all right? You have been very quiet these past few days. Do you need someone to talk to?" His Maths teacher asked him, cautiously walking over to his desk. "I'm just tired, and a lot is on my mind right now, I'm just struggling a bit..." Jisung muttered, head hanging low. "You know that everyone here is on your side. If you don't want to talk to me, you always have your head of year, your form tutor and the school counsellor, you can always talk to someone." He told him, concern laced in his tone.

Jisung sighed, "Yes sir...I know." He knew he could talk to people, but he was just scared of what they would think of him, what they would say about him. He was scared of being bullied.

Jisung was a girl.

Jisung would dream of being able to be who she wanted to be, she wanted people to stop calling her a boy.

Jeno was insecure, he did not know whom he wanted to date, he liked girls, but sometimes he found himself staring at boys, wondering what it would be like to date them. He stared at one boy the most.

This 'boy' was Jisung.

He was scared of what Jisung would think of him, so he pretended to hate him; he pretended to think he was disgusting. He would go up to Jisung saying things like "Why do you like flowers, that's gay." He would taunt and tease him for being too 'feminine' and too 'girly'. However, he did not realise how much impact words could have on someone.

Nevertheless, he soon found out just how much damage words in a sentence may have on a being.

---------------------------------------------------

Go follow Itrytoohard24 and read their stories, please!