Nightly awakening

I woke up and sweat rolled down my face. My back was sticking to mattress. It was too hot. I needed to go outside and get some fresh air. I walked out the wooded door of my bedroom and exited the men's dormitory. When I got outside the moon was full and I had no trouble walking outside. I could see the bay and I looked out to republic city. I could feel a cool breeze pass by. I stood still outside until I cooled off.

I looked around air temple island from where I was standing. No one was outside except me. I looked in the distance and I saw a figure up against a tree.

"Who is that sleeping outside?" I whispered to myself.

I silently walked to the tree. I didn't want to wake anyone up at this time of night. I walked towards the tree and noticed that Jinora was sleeping against the tree.

"Jinora? I said quietly.

She didn't respond. She was in her nightgown and she had a book by her side. I guess she got hot and went outside and started to read. Gosh she was adorable when she slept. I sat down next to her without making as little noise as possible.

"Kai?" Jinora said.

I was surprised she knew I sat down next to her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. My cheeks started to turn pink.

"I got hot and decided to come outside. I fell asleep and now your here." She said quietly.

" I got hot too. You want me to stay here?" I asked. My face now started turning red.

"Yeah.... That would be nice." She whispered.

She then rested her head on my shoulder. I then rested my head on top of hers.

"I feel safe with you Kai." She said to me.

We both drift off into sleep. It was a lot cooler outside. The cold breeze helped us sleep.

(Next day)

I woke up to screaming. I wasn't sure who was screaming but I was still asleep. I slowly open my eyes and I see Tenzin stand right in front of us. My eyes widened with surprise.

"Jinora get up now!!!" Tenzin said loudly.

I was worried the whole island was going to hear Tenzin.

"W-W-What is it?" Jinora said while still half asleep.

"What is going on with you two?!?! Jinora you are too young to sleep around Kai!!!! He screamed.

"Dad you know I'm not a little girl anymore! I can handle myself and have self control!" Jinora said.

Tenzin then grunted and walked away. I was relived that he was gone.

"Thanks for scaring off your dad."

"No problem." Jinora giggled.