The Shot Glass Story

A/N:

This story is co-written by @waterhemlock and @Bellzybubs .

Book cover is made by @waterhemlock

Fan this account and also our separate accounts if you like it! Don't forget to vote and comment too! Enjoy the story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remembered everything clearly.

The bright lights… even the glitters on the “Graduation Ball 2012” banner… The elegant venue… The shot glass souvenir… Her black fitted dress flawlessly flowing on her petite body… Her amber eyes… Her smile…

Why didn’t I notice her before? Why just now… when I would surely have fewer chances to see her again? I rolled in my bed, grabbed a pillow and slammed it into my head.

“Damn it! I can’t sleep!”

I rose from my bed and slipped on my slippers. Walking towards the window, I had thoughts of her juggling inside my head. I peeked from the curtains and looked at the vast sky. The stars glimmered as if they were teasing me.

I can’t take it anymore.

I reached for my cellphone and scrolled to her number. Should I call her? I took a deep breath and gathered all my courage.

This is it.

I pressed the call button.

“Hello?” She answered quickly.

“Hey, I was wondering if you have my shot glass, the souvenir from the ball.” I casually said.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” She sounded confused.

“Leila, I gave it to you last night.” I knew it was lame but that excuse was all I could think of.

“Leila? I’m sorry, this is Laurie.” She replied. I already knew it was her. Actually, I stared at her name and number for quite a while. However, I was too embarrassed to tell her that I called just to hear her voice.

“Oh, Laurie. I’m sorry, seems I dialed the wrong number.” I wished she bought my excuse. My hands trembled but my lips couldn’t stop smiling. “Did I bother you?”

She chuckled. It was a sweet music I wanted to play on repeat. She replied, “No, not really. It seems you’re not yourself today, sir.”

My heart jumped. My smile wanted to extend out of my face. Knowing that I had to keep this conversation going, I had to say something back. “Oh, that’s good. Sorry and goodnight.”

I suddenly couldn’t breathe. What did I just say?

“No problem. Goodnight, Carlo.” She hung up.

I screwed. I was a failure. I couldn’t even keep her talking to me.

The atmosphere became heavy as if it wanted to crush me. My feet couldn’t move as if it was glued on the floor. I stared at my phone again. Then, it echoed back. Goodnight, Carlo.

It sounded so nice… her voice… saying my name.

I called her again.

She answered, “Yes?”

“Can I drop by at your house tomorrow?” That wasn’t planned. I felt a slight current running through my spine. My body stiffened, my lips dried.

“Sure.” Without questions asked, she replied. It was Lady Luck helping me!

“Great! Goodnight, Laurie.” I hung up immediately, scared that she might change her mind. I wouldn’t let go of this opportunity.