Hospital Food & Bad News

Authors Note (Skip over if you don't give a shit lol, I know I always skip A/N's sooo..) Posting this early because Tomorrow my POS dad is picking me up to stay the night since I have to go to the doctor for my heart on Monday. All they are probably going to do is give me a referral to Riley's Hospital.

Colby helped me out of the car and supported my body as we entered the emergency room. We waited damn well near an hour filling out walk-in papers. Finally a nurse came in and helped me into a wheel chair as I was moved into a room. Colby followed but was closed out from the room. He seemed genuinely worried. I was moved into emergency surgery due to the state of the cartilage of my knee. Glass fragments had migrated into different places in the wound, which could cause necrosis if left untreated. I was put under and they begun surgery to fix my cartilage and tissue surrounding it.

I woke up to bright sunlight invading my vision. I smelled staleness in the air and heard voices alongside the cacophony of beeps. I opened my eyes to the bright LEDs above me and squinted. 

"Morning Ms.(L/n), Glad to see you come to finally. I'm sure you are confused and hungry so I'll keep this short and sweet then breakfast will be served to you and I can leave you be to talk with the two boys you came here with." My eyes adjusted and I saw a man with thinning black hair and blue wrinkled eyes standing near the monitor with a clipboard and pen. "First we'll start with a few questions, is that alright?" He glanced down to me for approval. I nodded lightly. "Do you remember why you were brought here?" He lowered his clipboard slightly, pen still in hand and ready to write.

"Y-Yeah." I said in a raspy voice. My mouth was awfully dry. "I had glass in my knee." I finished.

"Okay, good. No signs so far of any amnesia or confusion. Lets move on. Do you remember the names of the boys who brought you in?" He asked.

"Sam and Colby I do believe. Last night is still being pieced together." I shifted in the bed, feeling my knee's inability to move very well. 

"Okay, so it seems as though you are well situated memory wise. No signs of Head Trauma, can I take a look at your eyes?" He asked, pulling a small pen sized light out of his jacket pocket. I nodded and he leaned down, looking into my (e/c) orbs, flashing the bright and blinding light into my eyes. "Your pupils are fine. I think you are good to go. We will have you released in a few hours, you might have trouble walking so we will provide you with a temporary wheelchair until you come in next time, then you will be on crutches until that cast is off. Sound good? I'll let those boys in now." He clicked his pen closed and tucked it behind the metal clasps of his clipboard. As he left he gave a nod to a nurse and a few moments later the duo walked in through the door. Sam rubbed his eyes, his hair was a bit messy. You could tell he just woke up from a nap. On the contrary, Colby looked absolutely sleepless.

"Heyyyyyy." I said VERY awkwardly as they shuffled in and sat in the burgundy seat near me. 

"You good?" Colby asked while Sam yawned.

"Yeah, ya know, other than the fact that I'm gonna be in a wheelchair for the next 2-3 weeks and have no family in California. What about you, it looks like you haven't slept at all." I replied.

"No, I'm good." Colby said quickly, shifting in his seat.

"I have a solution to your problem. You could temporarily stay with us, I know it's weird for someone you barely know to offer that, but I mean....you kinda got shish kabobbed in the knee by a broken beer bottle because of us soooo...." Sam offered. This was the first time he talked to you non-hostile.

"Uh..I don't wanna be a burden so-" I was cut off by Colby.

"You wouldn't be a burden. It'd be our apology to you so...what do ya say?" He reassured me.

"I mean...I don't really know you guys that much and as far as I'm concerned you guys could be like...serial killers or something, but then again why would you help me..and I kinda wanna die so sure, but if you do kill me, make sure it's a weird death. I wanna go out with style." I joked.

The nurse came in with a Styrofoam container containing food that looked gross if I'm being honest. It was soggy and greasy hash browns, hard peas, and under cooked eggs. With a Styrofoam cup of orange juice. Not gonna lie but I would've killed for just a regular glass of water. My mouth and throat were like death valley in it's heat peak in the summer. After I finished the edible parts of my breakfast, I got a release form that I had to fill out. I finished that really quick and I was moved to a wheelchair with the help of the nurse's. "I am SO not looking forward to the bill in the mail I'm about to get." I complained as I was pushed to their car by Colby.

"Speaking of that, we should stop by your place to grab a few things, right?" Sam added to my statement. I nodded and like that we were on our way....sans the five minutes it took for Colby to figure out the mechanics to folding the wheelchair. 

We reached my apartments and Colby helped me into my wheelchair and I pushed myself to the edge of the stairs. Colby tipped my back and helped me up the stairs. We got to the top and I pointed to the small box dedicated to mail. Colby grabbed it as Sam caught up with us. I look through the mail and a small pinkish slip stuck to a paper for ads and coupons. 

"What!! I'm being Evicted!!" I shouted shocked.

"Wait..What!? Let me see that."Sam grabbed it and glanced over it. "For being a day late paying rent..really?!" He said, crumpling the paper. 

"I hope you don't mind your stay being extended haha." Colby said awkwardly. I passed Sam the keys and he fumbled around trying to figure out which key is for the door despite my descriptions. It was 3 minutes of: 

Me:It's the silver shiny one.

Sam: THEY ARE ALL SILVER AND SHINY!

Me: No, some of them are like a shiny grey.

Sam: SILVER IS SHINY GREY!

Me: It has numbers on it.

Sam: There is more than one with Numbers on it!!

Me: Ugh, figure it out yourself.

Sam: Real help.

Colby: *W H E E Z I N G*

He finally found the key and we entered my soon to be past apartment. "Nico!! I'm home." I called out. Colby and Sam looked at each other weirdly when a weird whooping noise came from the living room. A small orange fluff ball flew past the duo and jumped up into my lap. 

"Is that a fucking fox!?" Sam shouted.

"Cool!" Colby said.

"Nico, Calm down, I missed you too." I laughed lightheartedly at the baby fox's excitement.

"Well..let's get this bread. What all are you taking?" Colby asked.

To Be Continued....

Songs listened to while writing this:

Green- Cavetown

Bury a Friend- Billie Eilish

Zombie- Bad Wolves

When the Party's Over- Billie Eilish

The Sound of Silence- Disturbed

Hello- Evanescence

The Rains of Castamere- Game of Thrones Soundtrack

Creve Coeur 1- Hobo Johnson

Hostage- Billie Eilish

Simple Man- Shinedown

Romeo & Juliet- Hobo Johnson

SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK- Joji

Ironic- Bo Burnham

This is Home- Cavetown

Meteor Shower- Cavetown

Going Under- Evanescence

Father- Hobo Johnson

My Boy- Billie Eilish

Idontwannabeyouanymore- Billie Eilish

From God's Perspective- Bo Burnham

Explore (Colby Brock x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें