Voices in the Dark

The pitter patter of rain bounced off of the cement and brick of the building. It was around 11 pm and my feet made splashing noises against the water on the ground. I held my camera up, a flashlight taped to the top, and began my exploration carefully. This was once a school hundreds of years ago, now it's withered away with age. Moss and vines climbed up the sides of the building and holes boared into the walls and roofing. I slipped my mask over my mouth and nose just in case as I entered the building. I spoke to my camera as I explored, whispering into the mic as I walked along. I wasn't scared until I heard the clang of something hitting metal and voices coming from a hall near me. I immediately panicked, my breath hitching, as I scoped my surroundings out, searching for an exit. On my way to the nearest exit, I tripped, skinning my knee over a broken bottle. I cursed louder than I meant to and found the light of a flash light on me soon after.

"Colby! There's someone in here with us!" The man behind the light whisper shouted. "Who are you? Why are you here?" He prodded me witg questions.

"Was about to ask you the same thing. I'd answer your questions if I didn't currently have fucking glass in my leg." I said irritated, watching the liquid that was black from shadows casting on it leak from my wounded knee. My other knee was slightly scraped, with a single drop of blood perched on it.

"What do you mean there's someone in he-" The guy the other one called Colby stopped speaking mid sentence. "Shit are you okay? Do you need some help?" He walked towards me.

"Wow, you don't even know if I'm a serial killer or not and you are approaching me, not a very smart move." I rolled my eyes.

"I just kinda assumed you were making a video since you kinda have a camera laying next to you." He pointed out, kneeling down next to me.

"Shit, is it still rolling. My SD card is gonna fill up." I fumbled my bloody hands on the ground, trying to find the handle on my camera.

"Chill, we need to get outta here so you can get your knee taken care of." Colby said, finding the camera before I did. He then helped me up on my less injured knee, supporting me as we made our way to the other guy.

"Sam, can you help me out, take the camera and bag she was carrying." He just nodded and grabbed the stuff. "Did you drive up here?" Colby asked.

"No, I took an Uber to a small store about three miles away from here and then I walked." I said, clenching my teeth from the pain seering through my knee.

"Sam, we have to give her a ride to the hospital." He called out to Sam, who was already almost out of the building. We exited the building and made our way to a car parked half of a mile away from the building, hidden behind a bush. Colby helped me carefully into the back seat, telling me to elevate my leg. He sat in the passenger seat, Sam started the car, and we made our way to the hospital.

'Why is he so kind to a stranger?'

Imma update every Sunday after I watch Sam and Colby, so be ready for that.