« 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚕 »

Beginne am Anfang

"what's up, love?" i winced inwardly at the pet name. he's going to hate me so much.

"i..." my breath hitched in my throat. "before i start blabbering, i want you to know that i do love you... but i think it's best we split."

"why?" he looked bewildered. "what did i do wrong?"

"it's not you!" i sighed. "it's me. i don't think it's right for me to hog you if i don't see you in that way anymore. you... you're a lovely person, joshua. anyone would be lucky to have you, so i'm letting you go. you can be free, free from the chains that are me. i'm sorry."

"i see," he nodded slowly. "i guess it wasn't fated, huh?"

"not many people are that lucky to find their true love but i believe you can," i sadly smiled at him. "i don't blame you if you'll hate me after this, i just want you to be happy."

"i could never hate you even if i tried," he took my hands and smiled. "i hope we can stay friends."

"if that's what you want, we can." i hugged him one last time. "thank you for being amazing."

"thank you for trying." he kissed my lips for the last time and we bid goodbye to each other. i quickly joined the girls and we head back to the dorms, silence enveloping the car. we head straight to bed, saying goodnight quietly.

lee seunghoon, you better man-up and fix what you've done.
—————————————————————

sitting next to her was a bit painful and awkward. seriously, sitting next to your ex isn't something many would enjoy.

the boys knew i dated someone, seeing as i did openly admit that i was dating someone on live tv but i never told them who.

"you seem a bit down," seungyoon took a seat next to me in the car. "what's bothering you?"

"you know how i said i dated a famous girl?" i blurted out immediately before i could think through my words.

"yeah?"

"that girl... she's blackpink's rosé." i couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes, opting to look outside in the night sky instead.

"why'd you guys break up, then?" seungyoon asked after a few minutes of silence.

"we were debuting and yg threatened to pull me out of the lineup if i didn't break up, so i did what i had to do to debut. we fought so hard, i couldn't let that go to waste..." my voice grew smaller and smaller towards the end. "it's not like i'm going to get her back now, she's with joshua."

"she's not, actually." i peered at him through the corner of my eyes and saw him grin. "joshua texted me they broke up."

"holy shit, really?" my head went up so fast i was afraid i was going to get a whiplash.

"mhmm," he nodded. "if you really want her back, prove it to her."

"i will," i nodded. i guess i have a shot of getting my baby back, after all.
—————————————————————

as soon as i woke up, i got her number from seungyoon and immediately texted her.

from: seunghoon
to: chaeyoung
Hi Rosé, it's me, Seunghoon.
from: chaeyoung
to: seunghoon
oh hi
from: seunghoon
to: chaeyoung
I was wondering if we could
perhaps... talk?
from: chaeyoung
to: seungyoon
alright. i'll call you.

she was true to her words; she really did.

"5 minutes to explain yourself." she bluntly said. "it starts now."

"i broke up with you because yang hyunsuk made me choose between you or my career!" i spouted our. "if i didn't let you go, i wouldn't've been able to debut!"

"why didn't you tell me earlier?" she sighed, after a few seconds of excruciating silence. "well, you chose the right thing anyways."

"i — what?" least to say, i was flabbergasted.

"if it's me or your career, you choose your career. to be honest, i would've done to the same. so i don't blame you. and honestly, if you're thinking about getting back together, entertain me. that way, we can put everything behind us and have a new start like what we deserve." although i'm not there with here, i have no doubt she's wearing the same smile as i an at this very moment.

i'm going to get the love of my love back and no one is going to stop me.