𝐗𝐗𝐈. SNAKE

Start from the beginning

I glared at him. "No. Let's go, right now."

He looked to Pansy for help. "No, Malfoy, go. You have a match to get to."

He groaned and began walking. I led him back out of the castle and to the locker rooms where our team was waiting. "Flint's mad. Don't say anything that'll piss him off, he won't hesitate to kick you off the team." I warn the blonde, who nods.

Flint whistled loudly. I glanced over, and saw our team leader, who looked annoyed.

"Malfoy, welcome, your highness!" Flint called sarcastically. Draco huffed and crossed his arms. Flint turned to the whole team. "Listen, with Hufflepuff's defeat against Ravenclaw, the Gryffindor team is still in the running for the Cup! And I'll be damned if Wood wins it without Slytherin giving them a fight."

We all have a small cheer of agreement as he continued his speech. When he finished his pep-talk, we rushed out onto the field and met up with Madam Hooch. The Ravenclaw team was already there, ready to play.

"Alright, I'll make it quick." Hooch began. " No rotten hits, no pushing, no witty loopholes" she gave a glance at the Ravenclaw team on the last bit. "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Alright, then."

With a blow of her whistle, Madam Hooch released the Quaffle, the Snitch, and Bludger. Both of our teams soared up high. I quickly got to my spot above everyone else, the Ravenclaw seeker doing the same. I glanced at the crowds, and saw Noah give me a thumbs up. I grinned.

I looked over at the Ravenclaw seeker. Cho Chang. I sized her up. Although she's a year older than me, I could easily win in a fight against her. If we were both going after the snitch, I had the advantage. She was lean and skinny, as was I, but I had more muscle. 

I turned my focus back to the game. After twenty minutes or so, the game was tied. All throughout the game, the Ravenclaw beaters had been aiming towards the Slytherin beaters in an attempt to knock them off their brooms. However, the Slytherin beaters were aiming towards the Ravenclaw chasers, therefore tying the match as of right now.

I was scanning the crowd, my eyes searching for Harry, Hermione and Ron. I caught sight of them, and the waved. And then I noticed something tiny and gold flashing in the sunlight a few yards in front of them, in the pitch.

Without even checking to see if Cho had seen it as well, I took off after it. Cho saw me flying and hurried after me. Unfortunately, she was a fast flyer and was only a few feet behind me. I decided to pull the old Slytherin trickery card Flint had told me about.

I pretended the snitch was somewhere else. I decided to head near the Professor's stand. I made it seem like I was flying right near the side of their stand. Since Cho hadn't seen the actual snitch, she bought it and flew after me. 

Now was the hard part. I had to get back to the area with the actual snitch with enough of a head start so Cho wouldn't be able to catch up to me. I heard cheers coming from the crowd, and saw the Slytherins screaming my name, counting on me. Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as well as my other Gryffindor friends, were cheering for me as well. Noah and a few of his Hufflepuff friends were calling my name as well.

I glanced down. When my teammates had the chance, they would glance up at me and cheer me on. I looked below them, and saw Draco leaning against his broom. He put his hands together, and moved them in a squiggly line as though they were a snake.

A snake. That's it!

Draco and I, both being the seekers for our team, created a hidden messaged move called the snake. For this move, the seeker just had to move in the squiggly line path that snakes do to throw the person behind us off of our tail. That was perfect!

It was a tight fit, since Cho was so close behind me, but I knew I could do it. As cocky as ever, I thought to myself, You're the best seeker in the century. Better than your father, better than your brother. This is where you're meant to be.

I began flying in the snake pattern making sharp turns that I saw made Cho stop for a second and regain her balance as she tried to follow me. That was my chance.

I bolted a u-turn and leant so far forward on the top of my broom, I'm surprised I didn't fall off. I gained so much speed, that to the people in the stands behind the snitch, it must've looked like I was going to fly right into them.

Instead, I stretched my arm out as far as humanly possible, and cried out in triumph when my hand wrapped around the cold, golden snitch. I skidded to a stop right in front of the stands where the snitch had been floating.

It was in front of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Seamus, Dean, and Lavender. They were all cheering for me, as well as everyone else. I grinned like maniac and held it up victoriously.

I soared back down to the ground of the quidditch pitch, not missing the way the school broom wobbled. I missed my Nimbus 2000 dearly.

Once I hoped off, I held my hand up in the air that held the snitch, and my team surrounded me. Flint and Eli lifted me up onto their shoulders and started a chant of my name. Others from other houses came over to join and cheer.

I scanned the crowd and locked eyes with the one person I only cared about finding. I tapped the boy's heads and they put me down. Everyone around watched as I ran over to Draco, and practically jumped onto him, throwing my arms around his neck.

He grabbed my waist and stumbled back a little from the force of my jump. He hugged me back, tightly. "Thanks, Snake Boy. Couldn't have done it without you." I mumbled, smirking, so only he could hear.

"Anytime, Serpent Girl. I'll always be here." He murmured back.

To anyone else, I would have been grinning about the snitch. But to Draco and I, we knew I was grinning about him.

It'll always be him.