Cheer Up Bitch

You hated that you had to work today. With everything that was going on you wanted to do nothing but stay at home and cry. But you were a pro-hero and a grown ass women. So you told yourself to suck it up, choke down your shitty feelings for your shift. You had tomorrow off to wallow so all you had to do was to keep it together until then.

~Bakugou's POV~
He sat there at his desk waiting for her to show up. It was unlike Kubo to be late. In the 4 months they have been working together she was always on time or early. He checked his phone to see if she texted him.
"Maybe that idiot is sick or something."

When he looked up he saw her enter the office in a hurry. Upon reaching her desk she tossed her bag down by her chair and logged into her computer with a huff. His brows furrowed as he studied her face. Her eyes were puffy, red, and tired. She had obviously been crying.
"You're late." He said staring her down.
This earned him an icy glare. "Sorry." She said curtly.

Damn, that glare was enough to make even him back off. Clearly, she was upset about something. Should he ask? No, it wasn't his business. As long as she did her job he didn't care. They had tomorrow off so maybe whatever she was pissed about she would get over it over the weekend.

"They changed our patrol route." He said examining the new instructions on his computer.
"Great." She said with fake enthusiasm as she checked her email.
"Also that lead we had on the Fujita ring was a dead end." He sighed in annoyance. You two had caught on to a drug and weapons ring about a month ago and were finding it difficult to get any hard evidence to warrant a takedown.
"Fan-fucking-tastic." She groaned.
"Come on." He said getting up. "Let's get out of here."

Today was weird. He and Kubo normally would normally chit chat during their patrols. Talk about random stuff like their shared taste in music, make fun of Bunji, or playfully throw insults at each other but she was quiet today. The only time she spoke is when she was spoken to and he was only getting grunts or hums for replies. The longer this went on, the more annoyed he became. He didn't want to admit it, but he actually enjoyed talking to her. He found her...tolerable.

He started to get somewhat concerned when they encountered a low-level villain and she didn't argue with him to take the lead. They always argued over who got to take down thugs. It was their thing. He enjoyed their thing. It was their thing to get each pumped up for a fight.

By the time they got back to the office, he was thoroughly annoyed. They went to their separate locker rooms to change out of their hero costumes and met back at their desks. She barely looked at him and didn't say a word. She grabbed her bag and logged out of her computer.

He figured he would try one last thing. "Night bitch."
He got no response. His brows furrowed. "Aren't you going to call me an asshole?" He growled.
She finally looked at him with a harsh scowl on her face. "I didn't realize I needed to state the obvious today."

That was the last straw. He grabbed her arm, dragged her to the deserted hallway and pinned her against the wall. "The fuck is your problem?" He snapped.
"What? You want me to call you an asshole? Fine, hey Bakugou, you're a fucking asshole."
"No, you've been quiet all day and you didn't even call dibs on the fight earlier."
She rolled her eyes. "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you would love it if I just shut the hell up and let you take the lead."
"No-I-that's not the point!"
"What is the point?!"
"What the fuck is wrong with you?"
"I'm fine!"
Bakugou pinched the bridge of his nose trying to calm down. "When you came in this morning you had been crying."
She was giving him a death stare as she crossed her arms, but he wasn't going to back down. "So what? Why the fuck do you care?"