Chapter 1- The new kid

The sound of lockers closing echoed through the hallways. Asuna wore her earbuds and wandered around the hallways for Yuuki. Apparently, she hasn't seen the new student in the office or in any of the classroom, which made her believe that he or she might be late.
The school bell rang. She kept her phone and walked towards her classroom and met up with Yuuki on the way. She went to her seat that was close to the window. It was the perfect view for her since there was enough sunlight for her to stay awake during class. She saw her Monday schedule which meant that math was the first period. The class settled down and just before the doors closed a male student she didn't know ran in the class. He was sweating profusely, but he at least put the effort into making himself look tidy.
He was breathing heavily but did not care about the fact that the class was staring at him. He looked awfully good looking. Whispers filled the room. Asuna started to blush a little as she thought that he was cute and... handsome. Little did she know that she was staring at him. But what made her heart jump was that he stared back. Who could he be? Wait, is he the new student?! She said to herself in her head. Her heart was racing all of a sudden.
A few minutes later, the teacher went into the classroom. She stood right in front of the class and told everyone to sit. "Hello and good morning, class 2-A. We have a new student today. Mr. Kirigaya, would you like to introduce yourself?" she said.
He did what she said, and started it off by doing a small wave at everyone. "Hey everyone. My name's Kazuto Kirigaya, but do call me Kirito. I prefer that name. I can't wait to spend this year with you guys." Once done, the teacher told him to sit somewhere that was vacant and saw that the seat beside Asuna's was empty.
He went over and did not notice that nearly all of the girls' eyes were following him. Some were whispering with one another, others were silent.
The teacher was taking attendance and when she called out Asuna's name, Kirito started a conversation with her.
"Asuna, huh? That's a beautiful name. I like that." he told her.
"Thanks... I like your name too." She replied with a small smile. Her face started to turn to the color of light red. As time went by, she couldn't help but notice that Kazuto kept doing quick glances at her, and that made it hard for her to concentrate during class. She tried bringing up topics to start a conversation and hoped that if she did, he'll stop. Turns out he didn't. He kept staring at her whenever she was talking down notes, looking out the window, talking to her friends and many more. Asuna felt something in her heart. What is this feeling? Why does he keep looking at me? Is he just trying to catch up with the class by looking at my work? Or does he want to talk to me, but is afraid to do so? These questions were racing everywhere in her mind.
When class ended, Asuna tried her best to quickly keep her books and walk towards the next class for the next period since she started getting really shy facing Kazuto.
"Why the hurry?" said a voice. Asuna stopped what she was doing and looked towards the person who asked the question. She wasn't surprised as she figured it would be Kazuto.
"O-oh-! I like getting to class early. You should start packing your things too, Kazuto." she replied. She sensed that Kazuto did not believe her, but smiled to make it look as though she was telling the truth. After she said that, all of a sudden Kazuto stood up from his seat, took a few steps forward and held Asuna's chair with his left hand, placed his right on her table, and looked directly into her eyes.
"It's Kirito, and I prefer to walk with you to class. Hope you don't mind," he told her with a smirk. Asuna's face immediately went as red as a tomato. She didn't care if the students in the class were looking at both her and Kirito, but she wanted to get out of her position as soon as possible. She had to admit, she was glad that she was the first person Kirito talked to, but Kirito, doing this? It was too much for her.
A few seconds later, Kirito stepped back. "Aw, you don't have to be afraid of me. We're friends, aren't we?". Asuna nodded slowly. "Yeah, I guess..." she replied, nervously. When she stood up, Kirito did as well. She tried to imagine that he wasn't behind her to make her feel less agitated. Finally, the reached the class for the second period and sat on the same spots they did in the previous one.