Onward We Go

Written on very little sleep...sorry for any mistakes...the plan is for me to try and update once a week but it's not a guarantee. As always thanks for reading and leaving such awesome comments:)

******************

The weekend after Christophers party was uneventful and to Julias relief, still left him mateless. She knew it was wrong of her to feel that way but she just wanted to enjoy having Chris all to herself for as long as she could. Once he found his mate, she had a feeling she would lose her best friend.

A twinkle ring sounded from her phone alerting her that she'd received a text. Rolling over in bed, she reached for it, unlocking the screen and revealing a message from Katie, her best friend of the female variety.

I hope u r not sulking in bed. Get up and get to school;)

She smiled before replying.

Y? U won't be there to help me deal with the fan girls:(

Katie had joined the pack when they were just starting highschool. She and her dad had moved to their little town after her mom had been killed by a Rogue. Katies father didn't handle the loss of his mate well, not many wolves did, so he brought her back to his hometown to be closer to his family and pack while he dealt with his loss the only way he knew how. By drowning his sorrows in endless amounts of alcohol. Thankfully with the help of Alpha and Luna McKenzie, he was able to recover and has been sober for a year now. Julia and Katie had met in homeroom their freshman year and clicked instantly. They had so much in common including being teenage daughters with single fathers who were sometimes a bit clueless to the female ways.

Oh build a bridge and get over it:D

Julia laughed. She could imagine Katie rolling her baby blue eyes as she texted. She always thought Katie had the prettiest eyes. If only hers were blue instead of their dull brown, maybe Chris would have paid her more than a friendly interest.

Another text pinged interrupting her depressing thoughts.

 And stop thinking about the what ifs. You got a week to get past this girly, bcuz when I get back I am going to get u out into the world of boys! Boys that aren't Chris. Love ya bish:*

Katie knew her so well and she had no doubt she was good on her promise. Julia was almost certain that if Katie wasn't required to finish her two week art program in order to receive full credit for her art class, she would already be back dragging her to any and every party there was.

Groaning she texted a "Love ya too bish!" back then headed to the shower to get ready for school

Westridge High was your typical Highschool. It had it's cliques like every school does. The jocks, the divas, the skaters, the stoners, the science nerds, etc. Julia didn't consider herself to be a part of any one clique, she had friends in all of them. She just saw herself and her friends as average kids just trying to get through highschool.

Julia parked her Honda Accord in the school parking lot, grabbed her bag and banana she packed on her rush out the door, and got out of the car. As she made her way to the entrance, she reminded herself to take a deep breath before entering.

There would be three times as many girls around Chris today than there were at his party. Girls who didn't make it that night, girls from neighboring packs, and girls like her. Humans.

She could feel the edges of a frown forming on her face.

"You look how I feel."

Her frown eased into a smile. That voice never failed to brighten her mood. He could read the phone book aloud and she'd probably melt.