Mood Swings and Clinginess

I am starting to think that maybe Lelron may have some issues. BIG issues. I mean, here I am, an adult stuck in an child body of a differen't species in another world and HE'S the one who seems to been having mood swings that could rival a hormonal teenage girl on her period. Seriously. One second he seems to be sternly telling me off for my language and the next he goes in to panic mode and tries to smother me in his ridiculously flowy robes. Then, when he is done trying to smother me to death, he is staring me straight in the eyeball and apologising like he just killed my cat. I think he needs help.

With little options - and no idea how to handle mentally disturbed elvish individuals - I merely give him a gentle pat on the forearm and awkwardly say "There, there". He immediately starts inspecting his sleeve like he has a map to a buried gold. Upon finding nothing he seems to conclude I am the one suffering from mood swings (true, but not relevant right now) and tries to frickin' patronise me.

"Yes, my gift, that is my sleeve". For a second my brain is fried by the absolute weirdness of that reply before I can chock out my retort.

"I was comforting you" I stated plainly giving him a strange look just so he could know how weird he was acting.

For a second he looked shocked, then strangely overcome with emotion as he once again holds me close and started whispering words into my ear. The promises of love got me back on track, however, and reminded me I had a lot to explain.

"Look -" I said calmly, "we need to talk". Lelrond does not so keen on this as shown by his attempt to distract me with more rocking and murmuring.. but I ain't gonna have it. Wait! Yes! I think I have a way to make him listen! Ok.... lets see how this goes....

"Owww!" I cry in a high pitched squeal, trying not to grin at my genius. Immediately I am held gently at a distance and inspected with great scrutiny. I can see quickly he cannot visually determine the source of my pain which hopefully will force him to actually communicate with me!

"My gift, what is wrong? Where does it hurt?" he asks quickly... success! Yes! although, admittedly now he looks rather worried. Ok, scratch that, he looks like I just announced I had cancer. Whoops!

"Ummm".. I start awkwardly trying to figure out what to say "It hurts when you don't listen to what I'm trying to say" I then give him a bit of a cheeky smile and he looks flabbergasted. Well, its kind of strange but at the min I think I would prefer a grumpy Lelrond to this clingy mess. However, his face soon melts into guilty sorrow and he holds me close again so no luck on that front.

"I am sorry, my gift. We will talk soon. However, first you must eat and rest" he tries to negotiate. Nice try bud, I used to do debating, you're gonna have to do a lot better than that!

"I've just been asleep and I will only eat once we've had a discussion!" I retort. Humph! At least he is no longer humming though... that, at least, is an improvement. Now all I need is some distance and, oh, you know, to be literally anywhere but here!!

"Urgh" I groan in frustration as he seems to conclude he can just IGNORE me as he turns away to speak to whoever the hell it is still in the room. I left my upper body flop back so I am hanging half upside down. Oh! At this angle I can kind of see who he's quietly muttering to.

"No freaking way! That's King Thranduil! And..... um... stunt elf number #46????". Apparently my hearing is still not 100% percent great as I missed elfy numero duo? two-o? Ok admittedly.... I know no Spanish.... Eep! I feel my back being forced upright by Lelrond's hand as he swings around so I'm now partially facing the new elves.

"You know of King Thranduil and..... Aelrindel?" he asks softly, looking at my curiously. Poor dude, he really has no idea what is going on. I kinda feel sorry for him.... or, at least I would if he wasn't so annoying right now.