Chapter Fourteen- Brother And Sister

Hunnigan had us land in a different place in China so that we could all get checked out at a hospital before heading home. Jake and Sherry were here too, as well as Chris. I watched Jake for a minute, wondering if I should go and talk with him. Leon gently placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Go talk to him, Sweetheart." He said. I smiled, then walked over to Jake. Sherry, seeing me walk over, left, knowing that I would want to talk to Jake alone. He looked up.

"I remember you. You're a friend of Sherry's, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. My name is Carter Kennedy." I said. He nodded.

"Jake Mueller. Something you wanted to talk about?" He asked. I nodded and sat beside him.

"I hear that your Albert Wesker's son." I said. It was just us, Chris, Helena, Leon, and Sherry here, so it was nothing that I had to lower my voice about. He sighed.

"Look, if you're here to ask if I'm crazy like him, or if I'm gonna turn out like him, then you're wasting your breath." He said. I understood his shut down device, our father wasn't exactly anyone that I wanted to talk about either. I smiled a little.

"That's not what I came to talk to you about." I said. He looked at me, an eyebrow raised.

"Then what did you come to talk to me about?" He asked. I held my hand out to him.

"My name is Carter Marie Kennedy. I'm Albert Wesker's daughter...and your half-sister." I said. His jaw dropped, but he covered his shock quickly, and cleared his throat.

"So...did you ever know daddy-dearest then?" He asked. I nodded.

"I did." I said. He scoffed.

"So he was a parent to my sister, but not to me. That makes me feel great." He said. I placed a hand on his shoulder, taking no personal offence to his words.

"Jake...you didn't want to know him. You're lucky that he walked out on your mom and didn't know about you." I said. He looked at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I sighed here.

"He wasn't ever a father to me. He exposed me to the T-Virus long before I was born, causing it to create a symbiotic relationship with me. He locked me in a cell in a laboratory for my whole life. For eighteen years I didn't know what the outside world looked like. I was experimented on every day. He didn't see me as a daughter. He saw me as a possible weapon. Jake, if he had known about your existence, then he would have done the same to you," I said.

"Wow. So, dad was a real jerk then, huh?" He asked. I laughed.

"Understatement of the year, man. He was the worst! He kept my cell next to his office for some reason, I don't know, maybe he held some sentiment for me being his kid, but anyway, I always heard him going on and on and on about him being a god, and a new world order, and being a king, and blah, blah, blah. I got so sick of it that I told him: 'For once in your life, will you shut up?!' The look on his face gave me the best laugh I had ever had in my life!" I said, laughing. He laughed a little too.

"I guess you're right. I was lucky not to know him." He said. I nodded.

"And hey, I know you were mad at Chris because he killed Wesker, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"I know he wasn't a good guy, but..." He trailed off. I smiled a little.

"That's alright, Jake. I was there, when Chris killed him, actually." I said. He looked over at me.

"You were?" I nodded. "...What did you do?" He asked. I smiled.

"I cried." I said. He looked shocked.

"You cried? After everything he did to you...you cried for him?" He asked. I nodded. "Why? He didn't deserve your tears." He said.

"I know that. But, at the end of the day, he was still my father. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him. I don't have a straight answer for why I cried, I just...did. Maybe it was because I was mourning over what could have been, mourning the love that I never got to have from him. Or, maybe, I cried, because, somewhere, deep in my heart, after all he did, I still loved him as my father. I don't know. All know is, after it was all said and done, when Chris and his partner at the time, Sheva, came over to me, I fell to my knees and cried." I said. He nodded. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil then, and wrote my phone number down on it. I handed it to him. "Here. Call me if you're ever in the States, or if you just want to talk. I'd love to get to know my brother better." I said. He took it, and smirked.

"I will. See you around, Sis." He said. I stood and smiled.

"See you, Brother." I said, and walked back over to Leon and Helena. That day, we all headed home, ready for a well deserved break after the nightmare that was Tatchi.