IIII

After a long week, I didn't want to see, hear or talk about work. I was currently standing in my walk-in closet trying to decide what to wear. I feel like it's been forever since I've been able to dress down but anyone who knows me knows I love to at least dress up a little. I decided on my black sweatshirt that says" 90s" in white letters and my white skinny jeans, and of course, I had to throw on some booties cause I can't leave the house without heels on. I decided on simple makeup and to leave my naturally curly hair down. I was spraying perfume when my phone rang...

"Hey, T you ready?"

"Hey, yeah I was just finishing up...you outside?"

"Yup yup"

"Aight here I come"

I hung up grabbed my purse and keys and headed out turning on the alarm and locking the door behind me. Jayla was sitting in her red range with the music blasting and Maya was in the back on her phone bumpin to the music. I hopped in the passengers' side and threw my things in the back.

"Hey, ya'll! What are we doing today?"

"Everything, let's get a facial and our nails and hair done and then I need to do a little shopping for this date tomorrow."

Maya and I both looked up from our phones and looked at Jayla.

"Um, what date!?" Maya and I said at the same time.

"Oh, I didn't mention? Wellllll that security guard owner guy Chris asked me out."

"Oh shoot I knew something was up. He didn't even know I existed, all he saw was you."

"Girl stop the only reason the other one didn't talk to you was that he's married otherwise...."

"Exactly he's married so let it alone."

"You know that's your type girl..."

"Annnyywaayyy. I'm happy for you girl!!!!"

"Me too!" Maya said in the back sounding like a kid in the back seat.

After we got our facials, nails and hair done, we headed to the look for Jayla something to wear. While she and Maya were in Forever 21 I walked across to Foot Locker. I'm not really a sneakerhead but every now and again I like tennis shoes and there were some all red Nike's I had been eyeing for a while. As I walked in the two men at the counter were staring hard.  I mentally rolled my eyes and kept moving. I looked around and spotted the shoes a picked them up trying to see if they had my size. When I turned around to look for someone to ask I bumped into a person, more so like a rock. 

"Excuse me I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was go- ...Oh hey,  I didn't recognize you at first."

"Uhhhh hey!"

"Probably don't recognize me, huh, sorry I'm just talking like you remembered hahaha"

"Nah that's ok...how you been?"

"You mean since 2 days ago?" I said laughing

"Uh yeah sorry, that was dumb."

"That's ok I was just messin with you. I'm good just takin a day to chill."

He was acting really weird for some reason but I haven't really known him long enough so I guess this is normal.

"Well you look good...real good" He looked me up and down.

"Uh thanks, I guess. Well I'll let you go and finish what you were doing"

"You ain't gotta run off. What shoes are you looking at?"

"These red ones I been wanting for a minute."

He stepped close to me and grabbed my hand while I was holding the shoe. 

"Yeah, these are dope."

"Mhhmm I'll actually come back and get them later cause I forgot I had to go to another store," I said trying to make up and excuse to back away. I mean maybe he's just naturally friendly but I'm uncomfortable. 

"Oh alright then-"

Before he could finish I skirted by him and waved bye while I headed to put the shoe back. I was about to leave when I saw a blue pair Maya had been wanting or her birthday I was just going to check the price but I couldn't reach the shoe. 

"God I hate being short sometimes..."  I mumbled to myself

"Looks like you having trouble baby girl, let me help you."

I knew it was him without turning around. But before I could move away he had put his arm across me resting it on the wall and reaching up handing me the shoe. I grabbed it but he wouldn't let go and bent down whispering in my hear "Here you go shorty" while his hand found its way on my waist.

I instantly pushed off "You need to keep your hands off me. You're married you creep!"

Without waiting for his response I shoved the shoe at him and walked out. 

When I got back into Forever 21 I was fuming. Jayla came up to me with a dress talking a mile a minute.

"Hey where you been? Do you like thi-... what's wrong T?"

"We need to find a new security company."

"What!? Why!?"

After I told her what happened she was beyond upset...

"What kind of married man does that. Wow! You want me to tell Chris?"

"No! Just go and have a good time we will deal with this Monday."

After we calmed down, she found the perfect dress and we all headed home. Once I was finally home I couldnt help but think about what had just happened. Tyrel seemed so nice and respectful the other day. But today he was different, he acted like a completely different person, come to think of it he even looked different. Whatever it was I wasn't having it, referral or no referral I was going up there Monday morning and telling them thanks but no thanks we don't want people like that working for us. Come Monday morning he's going to regret running into me.