"Angel! There you are." I turned, my eyes lighting up.

"Sage! You're here," I greeted, unable to contain my smile. He grinned back at me.

"I am. I decided, you know, I don't care if Ben and Leo are fighting. I'm like a therapist, I swear. I just need a break, you know? I'm a person, too. I have problems, just like everyone else." His words were slurred and messy as he ranted, head lolling around.

"How much have you had to drink tonight?" I asked, slightly amused. He blinked lazily.

"Oh, only like fff...ive shots?" My eyes widened.

"Five shots?" I squeaked. He laughed and took another swig of his drink. Thankfully it was a soda. I shook my head and smiled, grabbing his arm.

"Where are we going?" He wondered, giddily following me.

"Back to your place." He pouted but didn't let go; instead, he shifted so that he was holding onto my arm instead of the alternative.

"No, come with me, let's stay," he whined. I looked at his eyes, flooded with intoxication.

"Sage, I really think you should—"

"No, no, you're too thinky. Let's just have fun." I laughed.

"You're too cute," I blurted out. My smile fell and Sage blinked, cheeks flushing pink. God damn it, Angel. "Um... Fine. We can stay." Sage perked up, momentary awkwardness seeming to disappear. "But only for a little bit, and then I'm taking you back to your apartment." He nodded.

"Yes, sir." I couldn't help but smile. As he moved to the couch, he looked up at me with big green eyes, patting the spot beside him. "Let's play a game," he suggested as I sat, eyes hazy.

"What kind of game?"

"We take turns looking around the room and picking people. You have to decide if you'd kiss them or not." I smiled softly as he spoke.

"And what exactly is this game called?" He thought for a moment.

"Kiss or Miss!" He exclaimed.

"Did you just make that up?"

"Maybe..." He trailed off, grinning. I sat back on the couch.

"Okay. You first." He looked around for a moment before grinning mischievously.

"Jonah."

"Um... miss."

"Why?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"Do you want me to want to kiss him?" He shook his head quickly.

"No!" I raised my eyebrows and he flushed. "I mean... it's up to you." I blinked and he shifted. "Your turn." I looked around the room until my eyes landed on a girl.

"How about Hailee?" He scrunched his face up.

"Hailee Pearce?" He asked. I nodded. "Miss. Definitely. I mean, she's pretty and all, but she's toooooooo open," he dragged out. I chuckled, waiting for him to take his turn. "How about Kelsey?" I blinked.

"I'll have to pass." Confusion flooded his face.

"Why? Kelsey's... kinda pretty, yeah?" He met my eyes over his cup as he took another drink.

"Sure, she's really pretty. But I don't really swing that way," I chuckled, and he burst out laughing.

"You can't swing a girl!"

"Sage?" He hummed in response. "I'm gay." I grinned as realization took over his expression.

"Oh. Oh. Right, I knew that, sorry, sorry," he spoke meekly, clearing his throat and shaking his head. "I'll give you someone else." Looking around for a new subject, his eyes softened and he looked directly at me.

"What?" He bit his lip.

"What about me?" My lips parted as I looked in his eyes, half expecting him to laugh and tell me he was kidding. He didn't.

"Um— I, uh..." I stuttered as I tried to form a coherent sentence, and he kept his eyes on me.

I had just mustered up the courage to say, Kiss. I'd kiss you, when a girl stumbled over, attempting to entice Sage. Annoyance plastered on his face, he tried to nudge her off but she wasn't budging. I turned away, nauseous. Aren't I supposed to be the sober one?

"Ashley, get the hell off of me," Sage finally snapped, making her jump. I blinked, biting the inside of my cheek as I refrained from laughing.

"What is your problem?" Ashley slurred angrily.

"Um, I don't have a problem. I'm sitting here having a conversation and you're putting your ass in my face. What's your problem?" Both of them were drunk, so both of them were fumbling over their words. I stood, moving between them. Sage hovered behind me as I faced Ashley.

"Ashley, someone's calling you." She spun around frantically, eager.

"What? Who?"

"Luke," I answered on a whim. I wasn't even sure if there was a Luke at that party, so when Ashley perked up and ran off, I was more than relieved.

Sage plopped down on the couch and looked up at me apologetically. I smiled gently before taking a breath.

"Come on, let's get you home." I reached for his hands. He took them and sighed as I pulled him up. We pushed through the crowd, searching for Carlos and Terry.

When I found them, I directed Sage to stay put because they were in the smack center of the dance floor and I didn't want to lose him in the crowd.

"Carlos," I called over the music and he turned to me. "I'm taking Sage home, I'll see you guys later." He nodded.

"Keep your phone on you." I gave him a nod and pushed out of the crowd to where I left Sage, only he wasn't there. I sighed deeply and looked around. I went into the kitchen, the living room and the hallway near the bedrooms, but had no luck in finding him. Just as I was about to pull my phone out, I glanced at the panel doors that lead out to the balcony.

Sage was there. Kissing Ashley.