Chapter 4: The Weasleys

Harry Potter gets Divorced!

Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley got married in 2000 after dating for two years. We have been told that the liked each other while in school but did not start officially dating until after the Second Wizarding War. Everyone seemed very happy with the marriage since Harry was going to marry into his best mate's (Ronald Weasley) family. The couple had their first child in 2005, James Potter, and they now have three children together including Albus and Lily Potter. Now we have just learned that as of a week ago the Potters are divorced. Their kids are currently at Hogwarts and we are not sure how the custody will work, but Harry and Ginny are currently living apart. We are unsure as to what caused the divorce and both Harry and Ginny have declined to comment on the subject. Their colleagues don't seem to understand why they decided to split and got short notice before they did so. Headmistress McGonagall will not allow reporters into Hogwarts School to get comments from the children. But it is official, 'The Boy Who Lived' is single once more.

Article by: Rita Skeeker

Molly Weasley put down yesterday's Daily Prophet on the table. She looked over at the clock on the wall and saw her daughter arriving at the house. Ginny walked in the door. She seemed to be holding up ok. Molly decided today she was going to get the whole story of why they divorced because her daughter had been so vague with her before. Ginny looked fine, but Molly was going to be careful, she didn't want to hurt her daughter at a time like this.

"Ginny, what a nice surprise! How are you honey?"

"I'm doing ok mum, you?"

"Your father and I are just fine." Molly said with a smile, trying to keep Ginny as ease. Arthur was working late tonight. "Come sit with me, love."

Ginny sat down at the table next to her mother. She noticed the newspaper, "Ugh! I can't believe the papers got it already. Someone in the Ministry must have leaked it. Don't read the crap that woman writes, mum."

"So why don't you tell me what happened... um?"

Ginny looked nervous. She wasn't ready to tell anyone what Harry had told her, that was for him to share. However, she didn't feel like telling her mum about that drunken night either. She had no good reason, and she didn't think her mom would understand that they just didn't work together after over 20 years of marriage.

"We uh... George!"

George's head popped out from behind the stairs with a goofy grin on his face. He walked down the rest of the stairs and Luna followed suit. She was laughing and calling George a goofball. "Hey, little sis!" George said with a big grin from ear to well... hole.

"George! Luna! I thought you guys weren't coming back from your honeymoon a few more days."

"We decided to come back a little early when we saw the papers." Luna said. She looked sad; she felt bad that she and George were so in love when Ginny wasn't with Harry. For some reason, Luna had thought there was something wrong between Ginny and Harry for a while but didn't think it wasn't her place to say anything. Luna could just always tell.

"I didn't want to tell you guys until you came back because I wanted you to have a nice honeymoon. I didn't think the press would get it this soon. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"It's ok sis, we understand." George said, "We just want to be here for you. I thought Harry was right for you, what did the brat do?"

Now she had to tell them something. She knew they all wanted to know, but she couldn't tell them Harry's secret. "We just don't love each other anymore..."

"It's the sex isn't it?" George asked jokingly with a smirk. But then he looked over at Luna for a quick glance and Ginny could tell he was thinking about something dirty. Even though she knew it was just a joke, she felt weird that he said that in front of their mother because it was partly true.

"We just aren't happy together. It was a mutual decision; we both agreed it would be for the best. We both want a chance to be happy."

George didn't know what to think, he didn't understand how his sister was married to an amazing guy for so long and then just didn't love him anymore. He knew there had to be more to the story, but he didn't want to push it, so he just shrugged and said, "He wasn't good enough for you anyways. Harry's a jerk."

"I know you don't really think that." Ginny said in a lighthearted way.

"Well the boy must have done something wrong dear! You don't just decide to split after twenty years!" Molly said, unsuccessfully trying to mask her anger.

"Let's not let this tear us all apart." Luna said,  "Ginny, do you think we can all still be friends, be family? Harry was family to you guys long before you two were married, right? Can we all still get along? I know it will be a bit weird, but let's not turn against Harry." said Luna. She was trying to be kind to Ginny and didn't want to lose her or Harry as friends or now, family. She loved them both and was really hoping that sides weren't forming.

"Yes, Harry and I are on good terms. He's still family."

"Unless he has done something terrible to you Ginny? Like maybe... cheat?" Molly asked looking at her daughter.

That struck a nerve with Ginny. "No! No he would never!" she said defensively.

Ginny started to tear up, unable to hold back her emotions anymore. Molly ran to her daughter.

"Oh baby, it's ok. You can tell us. Get it out. We won't do anything irrational to Harry. We just want to help you."

"I did! I did!" Ginny cried over and over. She didn't understand why she was crying, she was mad at herself, she felt guilty even though Harry wasn't upset; he forgave her. She deserved worse for what she did. She blamed herself because she was the one who got herself drunk that night, without anyone there to help. She sniffled and continued on...

"I got drunk at a bar and started coming on to Dean. He pushed me off him, but I kept going. He stopped me before anything else happened, but I feel awful." Molly was holding her and rubbing her back as they sat at the table.

Luna was the first to speak. "That's not your fault. You could've have worked that out. Harry is a nice guy, he would understand."

"I don't think that that is that bad Ginny, but why did you do it? I know you were drunk but..." George trailed off. He didn't want to put more blame on his sister, but he knew you don't hit on other guys just because you're drunk.

"I didn't feel like he loved me anymore. I couldn't take it anymore, I felt so alone. I just wanted to forget about it for a while. I meant it, we really did get divorced because we just don't love each other anymore."

Molly didn't want to hurt her daughter anymore than she had been, "Ok Ginny, it's alright. You don't have to say anything more." She silently eyed George telling him that that was enough.

"Percy and Bill and Charlie and their wives are all coming home for a big family dinner tomorrow, just us Weasleys." George said to Ginny trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Molly replied, "They all have been working so hard I thought it would be nice to have the whole family together again." There was a moment of silence remembering that the whole family wouldn't be there, the whole family would never be there again. Fred.

"Your father should be home from work soon, want to stay for dinner? The five of us? And Ginny why don't you bring some things here and stay with us for a while?"

"Thanks, Mum."

Luna offered, "I'll help you cook, Mrs. Weasley."

"Oh none of that dear, you are officially family. Call me mum."

"It's been awhile since I've had someone to call mother." Luna said with a smile.