A Little Stroll [Jenji]

Start from the beginning

The world has a weird way of getting to you.

...

Throughout my little date with Nancy and Jooe, Yeonwoo kept on texting me about tonight and her little... plan? She didn't say much other than to play stupid.

"Daisy, wanna grab dessert or something?"

I take my eyes away from my phone to see Jooe and Nancy watching me.

"Yeah, why not," I replied with a smile and casually hid my phone.

"Waiting for a text, hmmm?" Nancy says sarcastically.

I felt my cheeks flush, "Pffttt, nooooo..."

Fuck you, cheeks.

"Riggghhhttt," She exaggerates.

In reality, I was making sure I got whatever Yeonwoo was sending me, but in all honesty... I was kinda waiting on a text from Jane.

I know I'm a hopeless romantic, don't judge me.

"Soooo," I said averting the attention to Nancy, "how's it going with you and lover girl?"

Nancy groaned, "I still don't know bro. I have no idea when to tell her or if I should tell her at all."

Jooe swung her arm over her shoulder, "Just do you sis, I have a feeling it'll be okay in the end."

"I hope so..."

"Anywaysssss," Jooe started, "how's YOUR lover girl, Daisy-ah?"

I just had to roll my eyes, "Oh shut up, I should be asking you that."

"Ya!" My friend cried out, "fine, fine... And we're doing great by the way. I don't know when to pop the question but I do know she has a thing for me," she says with a smirk.

"Pfffftttt," Nancy let out.

"Yeah? How do you even know that?" I questioned.

She gave us the know-it-all look, "Duuhhhh Guys, I'm an irresistible piece of art. Who wouldn't love me?"

Suddenly, Nancy clamped her hand to her mouth and began acting super dramatic. Then, she says, "Oh my God, Jooe - you are so right, who wouldn't love a girl like you? You are like, so perfect and you eat a lot and you're such a lightweight and - AHH!! Jooeeeeeee...."

Ofcourse, Jooe shut her up by slapping the back of her head.

I love it when Nancy acts like a drama queen.

And I couldn't help but laugh at the scene, and eventually, this gets them laughing too.

But after hearing my stomach, I surrendered and said, "Alright guys, let's go get something to eat."

...

Hours passed and it was the usual:

Eat, gossip, have fun, talk, took a shit load of pictures, send texts to Yeonwoo, read texts from Yeonwoo, give Yeonwoo advice...

Yup, today has been a lot about Yeonwoo.

But I did get those odd texts from Jane too. She'd send me the:

How's it going?

Here! I sent you this! It reminded me of you

We should hang out soon! You know, for the holidays and stuff

Every time she texts me, I always get so excited, but at the same time, I can never interpret the tone she uses for each message.