➳ T h r e e ➳

Start from the beginning

Snapping out of his short trance, Harry responded dumbly, "I-uh...I-...Hi."

He mentally kicked himself for that.

He quickly attempted to recover, "I uhm...What's up? You seem upset." 

Draco's sultry voice simply replied, "Well, I'm definitely upset."

"What happened?"

"My," Draco scoffed, "amazing father," another pause.

Harry waited patiently for him to continue.

"He...isn't being the kindest right now, I guess..." The way Draco trailed off seemed to suggest there was more, but he didn't continue.

"What did he do?"

Draco looked dumbfounded for reasons Harry was unsure of.

"I-uhm. He-..."

"If you don't wanna talk about it that's fine..." Harry's voice took on a sympathetic tone.

"Thanks..." Draco rested his chin on his palm. "So, what's up with you?" He sounded more cheery suddenly, and Harry had to stifle a giggle at how bubbly he sounded.

"Not much honestly. Half of my stuff is still in boxes because I'm lazy and my teachers all hate me," Harry grinned again, "but otherwise I'm doing really good."

"Oh, did you only recently move here?" Draco's eyebrows stitched together.

"Yeah, why?"

"I moved here a few weeks ago, I guess I moved in before you."

"Oh," Harry's face seemed to light up like Christmas lights did, "why haven't I seen you at school?"

"I'm homeschooled."

"Ah, that makes sense..."

"Yeah..." Draco's eyes trailed over Harry for a moment, making something flutter in Harry's stomach.

Draco seemed to jump when he realized what he was doing. He cleared his thoat, "So, why do your teachers not like you?"

"I dunno, honestly," Harry paused for a moment, "Maybe it's just because I'm new, and because I didn't understand 90% of what they were teaching me."

"Oh, yeah that would make sense. Are you ever gonna finish unpacking?"

Harry chuckled quietly, "Probably not, honestly. We're only living here temporarily, just so we can finish renovating our new house."

Draco's face seemed to fall, his look of interest and curiosity fading, "Oh...W-Where's your new house at?"

"A couple blocks that way," Harry pointed to his left, which was Draco's right.

"Oh, cool." Draco smiled genuinely, "You won't be too far then."

Harry grinned at Draco's apparent enthusiasm, "Yeah. Honestly, you could probably walk to my house from here."

Draco let out a sarcastic huff, which ended with the corners of Draco's mouth lifting a bit, "As if my dad would ever let me walk somewhere. Or leave the house for that matter."

"Does he just," Harry's face became slightly scrunched, "keep you at home all the time?"

"Mhm."

"Damn. That must suck." Harry had a sympathetic look on his face.

Draco giggled a little, "Yeah, yeah it does. But I mean, truthfully, I don't mind. Because his face is priceless when he finds out that I had snuck out."

Harry found himself revelling in the sound of that giggle, "Oh really?"

Draco gave a small nod, "Yeah..."

Something came to Harry's mind quickly, "Oh!"

Draco's attention snapped up, "What?"

"Do you have a phone?" He spoke quickly as if he couldn't get it out.

"Duh, who doesn't?"

Harry hopped up and scrambled for a piece of paper and a pen. He managed to find a glittery red one and he just wrote it on a piece of paper he tore out of his notebook.

He scribbled down his number and rushed back to the window, trying to be as quiet as he could so his parents didn't hear him running around.

He went to hand it Draco, which took some effort from both of them, Harry was sure he almost fell out of the bloody window.

"Here."

Draco read the paper with a smile:

XXX-XXX-XXXX Text me sometime :)

When he looked up, Harry was shutting his window and waving.

Just before the window was shut, Harry yelled out a bye and walked downstairs to where his parents were calling him for dinner.

➳ ➳ ➳

LONNGGGGGG CHAPTER

your welcome

i may or may not have gotten a bit out of hand with this one, considering its 2 times the size of the normal ones lmao