Chapter 2

Mark's POV:

I felt like the whole world stopped and it was only us, and for some reason, I had the urge to kiss her all over. I wanted to mate with this mortal, I wanted everyone to know she was mine and mine only.

"Mate" I said before I could even stop myself, I slapped my hand over my mouth as the others looked at me. I felt like I was being pulled to her. Doing things that I didn't even know what I was doing til I already did it.

"Excuse you, what did you just say to me???" She said as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Perfect. Problem solved" Taeyong said as the others just walked away. I walked up to her and held her hand, they were so warm.

"Geez. Your hands are fucking freezing" she curses out loud as she rips her hands out of mine. Am I really that cold, though I am a vampire.

"My name is Mark" I said as I smiled at her. I may be a vampire but I'm different than most cynical, grumpy, angry ones like Jaehyun or Lucas.

"Okay, and what I'm supposed to hold hands and  just tell you everything about myself. Oh well I like pink and like oh my gurdddd... sparkles" she said in a happy voice, but then just looked at me with an annoyed look.

"We are soulmates, I just... thought maybe we could like, get to know each other. You are to live with us since that man dumped you here" I said. She looked angry at me, her eyes going wide. What did I do now?

"That man, he has a name. It's Jackson, okay. Don't talk to me, bloodsucker" she looked at me with despising anger. This is going to be harder than I thought, why must this human be so stubborn.

"Nikki. Nicolette Anderson" she said as she looked at me. Then her eyes went opaque, her mouth opened a bit as I waved in front of her face. But nothing happened.

"Hello?" I called out to her but nothing. I ran to get Doyoung or Taeil.

Nicolette's POV:

"He's your mate"

"I don't have a mate" I said.

"I know what I'm talking about, and even though he is a vampire. He is sexy, and his scent isn't that revolting as they say" the mysterious person in my head says as it rants on about how good looking Mark apparently is. I felt like I was gonna be stuck in my mind forever listening to just talk. I block it off and I return to see Mark walking in with Taeyong and that guy who called me feisty.

"OMG ARE YOU OKAY?!!" Mark said as he talked my shoulders. His hands were so cold, but they felt so nice on my warm skin.

"Um.. yeah, wait you actually have feelings. You have a heart after all" I said laughing at my own joke, he only rolled his eyes.

"I'm undead, not the grinch. Come on, let me show you where you will be sleeping" he said as he led me up the stairs. I kept my guard up, vampires were all around me, I hated this.

"This is my room, but you can stay here. You know since we are soulmates and all" he said as I looked at him. Great so he felt that mate bond as well.

"Wow, clean for someone who is ya know. Undead and all" I said as I walked around, I heard him scoff.

"You know we were humans" he said as I rolled my eyes.

"Emphasis on were, meaning not anymore. You decided to be undead monsters when you decided for that stupid immortal shit" I said as he looked at me, he then chuckled.

"I'll be downstairs, dinner will be ready in a few" he said as I nodded.

"Okay but I'm not eating anyone, I rather die" I said as he put his hands up.