01 - reminisce and farewell

Start from the beginning

it was only around her fourth day when sensei orion broke the news about her abilities. of course, like any other mere six year old, she was confused. she didn't know she was capable of performing those said abilities, like her mother once had done. but she was more than willing to train and discover them when sensei said he would begin the next day.

at first, she was unable to concentrate without getting distracted of all the training mechanisms and materials she was surrounded with. of course, like any other small child, she would because it was in her nature. but over time, every flaw became good, then excellent, and finally now, superior.

and now she was here, about to take the next step in her life. a huge step she worked so hard for ever since she was thirteen.

y/n smiled at herself. her entire eighteen years of life was one crazy roller coaster. she was just glad she was in this current situation now, that she made it.

y/n observed the room one final time before she walked over to the door. she grinned once more, remembering all of the good childhood memories she made once she stepped foot in sensei orion's massive home and training arena. and this room.

strolling out with a skip, she descended the stairs of her room to meet sensei orion outside into the training area. he was examining some of his other students as they trained, young children like she had been. y/n had been the first proper student sensei orion acquired, making her the eldest by fair.

once the children—her brothers and sisters—noticed her watching them, they all rushed over to her excitedly. they were well aware that she was going to move away to join the ninja task force, and they came to say goodbye. y/n hugged all ten of her little brothers and all eight of her little sisters and assured them she would stop by to visit. all eighteen of the children were not elemental masters like she was, but rather, all children sensei orion adopted at the orphanage and trained so they could be familiar and one day be highly skilled in martial arts. y/n told her siblings that she loved each and everyone of them, bringing a mixture of grins and tears as a response. her little brothers and little sisters would surely miss their eldest sister because after sensei orion, she was their role model. 

she parted ways and waved to the children. sensei orion gave them instructions to remain at training and that he would arrive home soon. he asked marie, the group's personal stay-at-home nurse to watch the children for him. 

and with that, y/n and her sensei left the only true home she had ever known. 

y/n and sensei walked together, conversing about one of y/n's little brothers, ronnie. sensei was discussing about how he was really improving and could potentially be a good leader among a small group of their siblings. y/n agreed completely, she knew her brother ronnie had great potential. 

as they walked further out of ninjago city, they reached a rural area with not much around but an enormous ship floating not that far off the ground, tied to an anchor on the ground. 

talk about the elephant in the room. 

"this is it, right?" y/n asked her sensei. 

"yes, my child. come on, let us go in."

there was a huge board off to the side of the ship that permitted entrance, so y/n knew that her sensei meant to go through that. as they approached the ship, y/n was overcome with nerves, as heard through her pounding heart against her chest.

"relax, y/n. wu and his boys will be astonished by you, do not worry." 

hearing those right set of words, combined with his delicate, tranquil tone, y/n's heart eased. that was something sensei orion always had the ability to do, ever since she first came home. as they strolled up the deck of the ship, y/n saw an elderly man with straw hat, a wooden staff, and a long, white beard standing and looking at them. 

"sensei wu," y/n called out, bowing down to pay her respects. "it is an honor to finally meet you."

"y/n l/n, the pleasure is all mine," he replied kindly. y/n couldn't really tell if he was smiling under the big beard. 

"hello, wu," sensei orion greeted. "it's been a long time."

"hello old friend," sensei wu responded, taking sensei orion's hand in his. "indeed it as been. i'm glad to have met once again, and this time with an amazing student. of yours." 

"thank you," y/n answered, glancing around. "shall i show you what i can do now?"

"yes, but we're going to have to wait a little because the ninja should be finishing their breakfast."

"of course, as you wish." 

"but the meantime, feel free to sit. i apologize for their lack of punctuality." 

"no need, it's okay, sensei." 

as y.n took a seat in a bench lined against the wall of the ship with sensei orion, she heard a familar laughter, one she thought she wouldn't hear ever again. it was loud, bubbly, and long, followed by common banter. as the laugh increased in volume, y/n's eyes glanced up to see a boy she didn't think she would ever see again. the laughter stopped once the boy saw her sitting there, and for a moment, they just stared at one another in shock. 

the boy, or the blue ninja, was no other but y'n's ex boyfriend, jay walker.