↳ 0: astray : prologue

White: soft, pure and delicate as a colour. His knuckles were white but tainted by a violent red, trails of it drawing an intricate web along his skin.

"You didn't have to go so far."

His lover's mumbled words eased his heart and pricked at his lingering anger.

"I clearly couldn't control myself, could I?"

He had spat the response with venom laced in each syllable, and yet the pale man at his side didn't falter one bit, breathing steady and gaze intent on the road ahead.

"And now you're getting blood all over your car, aren't you?"

Choosing to not retaliate, he tightened even further his grip on the stirring wheel as he rounded a wide bend.

Trees were nothing short of a mesmerising green at their windows, and the finely layered snow nothing short of a trigger - a key which was forcing its way into a lock in his memory.

They were happy once, he could swear they were, and now here he was, eyes sore and swollen, mentally exhausted, drained, a throbbing in his fists and an unease nestled within his ribcage.

They were happy together, they were. Hugs and shared jokes, partaking in cliché couple activities and confessing sappy secrets into one another's ears as they embraced beneath the warmth of their duvets, so deep into the heart of night that they were more early mornings.

The two were so in love that they had become one, but somewhere along the way, the cracks grew deeper and their pain grew stronger.

They were no longer a united piece. No, rather they were simply themselves as separate individuals. Nothing more, nothing less.

He was Minho, his lover was Chan.

His eyebrows knitted together as he forced his dry throat to swallow, and felt it strongly constrict as it did.

The air inside the run-down car suffocated his already starving lungs and wrapped around his neck as a noose would, preventing any words that wanted to leave him from being voiced.

Minho blinked.

Maybe he had taken a wrong turn.

❅❂❅

!!!

↳ = Chapter recounts the present
↺ = Chapter recounts the past

Chapters will be longer than the prologue/epilogue

!!!

Thank you for reading
P

lease vote, comment and share