Cause of death

Saturday 18th May 2014

It was a normal night for the Jones family nothing special about neither the day nor the activities they had done in the day. After doing the grocery shopping Verity and Lelly had come home. At 18:00 they ate dinner at the kitchen table then sat in front of the TV to watch a programme. At 20:00 Verity took Lelly up stairs and put her to bed. But before Lelly went to sleep her mum said her favorite rhyme.

" Here is a blanket to put you to bed; here is a pillow to rest your head. "

Verity would then tuck Lelly up into bed, and Lelly would drift into the world of dreams with her mother's soothing voice in her head. Both mother and daughter expected to wake up the next morning and carry on with their usual lives.

But sometimes fate can be the cruellest of things.

Verity had stayed up in bed to read a book the time was currently 21:45. She thought she heard a noise in the kitchen so she went downstairs to check, finding that there was nothing out of the ordinary she went back upstairs. But to be on the safe side she looked in the bathroom, she gave the bathroom a quick scan. Then wgen she turned her head towards the closed shower curtain she gave a scream.

With the shower curtain being slightly see through she had seen a dark figure crouching down in her bath. She ran out of the bathroom closing the door but the figure soon followed in pursuit. Verity ran to Lelly's room but as she reached the door the figure had caught up with her, revealing a knife they plunged it into Verity's stomach. The air was knocked out of her she struggled to keep her balance; she tried grip the walls in an attempt to stay standing. As she knew that if she fell down then she would be in a far worse position.

Her feet suddenly gave way and by that time she realised that she was at the top of the stairs and falling down them, she had already hit the floor. With her body screaming in pain she somehow managed to get up, for some reason her first instinct was to head for the kitchen towards the back door. She was about to open the door and head fir safety when she remembered Lelly. But just then her legs felt weak and she collapsed to the floor.

She looked behind only to find the figure standing above her and the last thing she ever saw, was a knife glinting in the moonlight as it was plunged into her head.

After this the figure then stabbed Verity in the head several more times to make sure that she was dead. But Vetity had been granted mercy as the first blow to the head was quick and painless, and so she died immediately. The figure then placed the knife in their pocket, then they put on a pair of gloves and produced another knife. The figure stabbed it into Verity's neck, as if they were trying to connect her death with her husbands. The figure then looked at the sin that they had committed in the door way of the kitchen.

Whilst Verity was being murdered Lelly had hidden herself. She first awoke when she heard her mother scream. With her heart beating fast she cautiously opened her door a little, and there she saw her mother gasp in pain and fall down the stairs. As Lelly was so young she didn't have any idea what to do in this sort of situation, she hid somewhere she thought she would be safe. She grabbed a blanket wrapped it around herself and then hid in her wardrobe.

When she could no longer hear the screams of her mother she slowly walked out of her room and downstairs. And there she saw her mother covered in blood dead as she lay on the cold kitchen floor.

The neighbours, after hearing the screaming had rung the police. And there they found Lelly in the door way of the kitchen covered in blood tears running down her face.