CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

chapter thirty-three

a spirit here that won't be broken

"DESPITE THE SPELL we cast, the very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable." Freya explained whilst she fiddled with the pendant noticing the small crack within the centre of it. It was concerning as there was wonder for how long it would be able to hold Elijah's essence knowing that if it was to hold for too long than it could would lead to them permanent losing the Mikaelson they had just connected to. "It won't be able to hold Elijah's soul much longer. We need to find a way to resurrect him tonight, or we could lose him forever." The thought was still haunting that there was still a chance of having to grieve and which none were hoping to face that brought Esme's lips to press as she pondered with thought of how they were to bring Elijah back to life.

Her eyes flickered towards her son who's eyes were deeply focused on the pendant and she had wondered why he didn't suggest the spell in which her mother had created which brought her to saying it aloud. "What about the spell that you used to bring me back?" Oscar's eyes trailed towards his mother and her question had lead many eyes to fall on him and rely on him on being able to perform it. "Can't you use that on Elijah and resurrect him?"

Oscar had reached for the grimoire sitting on the couch as he sighed deeply knowing the contents of the spell in which he used to bring back Esme who had questioned his delay in response whilst opening the page that had been marked and translated with search of a possible loophole. "Aunt Freya and I read over it and...and the contents of it won't be able to help Uncle Elijah. Grandma Anastasia made this spell strictly for the sake of those of the Graven Coven. Mum, you no longer carry a witch's power and that did cause resistance because you're a vampire but your coven had, at the time, some form of power within among the Ancestors. Look, it won't work. So...I'm creating my own but to do that--."

"To do that, we'll need more power." Hayley had guessed bringing the gingered brunette to nod his head firmly.

"Let me guess," Klaus broke his silence. "a grand sacrifice."

Freya nodded. "I say we kill our enemy and sacrifice her." She concluded and it was of wonder of how it was to be possible as the Hollow, since her presence on earth, has been described as invincible. "then we can channel the power from the Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body, and place him back where he belongs."

"We've tried everything."

"And we've come close." Freya noted. "Labonair and Graven blood is her achilles' heel." She reminded as Esme shifted on her feet with questioning if their blood was of harm as it had hardly caused the Hollow any damage while she stood in Sofya's body. "Hayley, Esme, your blood weakened her, but you've both been dead for years. So it won't be strong enough to kill her. If we forge a blade using the last living Labonair and Graven--."