Lucia

Full Name: Lucia Carlotta Ravenwood

Blood Status: Pureblood

Birthday: June 3, 1964

Parents: Macon Ravenwood, Sarafine Montgomery

Siblings: Jonathan, Joshua, Astrid (sister-in-law), Kara (sister-in-law)

Lucia was born in 1964 to Macon and Sarafine Ravenwood. The Ravenwood family is a well-known family dating back centuries in Britain. It is believed the Ravenwoods are distantly related to the Ravenclaw line. Which would explain how most members in this proud family's history belonged to the house founded by Rowena Ravenclaw. Macon Ravenwood made a reputation for himself as a prominent figure in charm experimenting for the Ministry. He had a hand in exploring and inventing alternatives to some of the most common spells. While Macon's family line primarily dwell in the area, Sarafine is of Brazilian decent and native to Ireland.

Lucia was the third child born to Macon and Sarafine. She was preceded by two brothers, Jonathan and Joshua. Unlike her, both brothers were sorted into their family house. They both went on to make names for themselves following their graduation. Jonathan worked in the same department their father spent so many years in. Joshua, valuing independence over family expectations, decided to enter the research field for medicine and illnesses common to the wizarding community. Jonathan married Astrid Chan, his classmate from Hogwarts, and later had two sons of his own. Joshua married Kara Burke, a popular Hufflepuff a year younger than him. They have twin girls and a newborn son.

Standing out from her family, Lucia did not follow in their footsteps. Much like her adored aunt Ravenna she was instead sorted into Slytherin, where she excelled. She became a prefect in her fifth year along with her close friend Andrew Abbott. However, her house placement caused a rift between her and her mother. Her mother was strong in her beliefs of continuing family traditions and following precedents. This resulted in her forming a marriage deal with Lucia and the Abbott family's oldest son Kane. Unhappy with this, Lucia decided to make something of herself and took the position of Ancient Runes professor at Hogwarts in 1988.

Physical Features: dark brown curly hair, sapphire eyes, lithe athletic figure, average height

Personality: understanding, patient, fiery-temper if provoked, quick-witted, tenacious

Hogwarts House: Slytherin

Wand: Ash wood, unicorn hair, 12 inches, rigid flexibility (Light wood with hallow, twisted handle)

Patronas: grey wolf, subject to change

Activities: Slytherin prefect, Ancient Runes Professor

Relationships: Kane Abbott (ex-husband), Severus Snape

Just a few short years following her graduation from Hogwarts, Lucia was set to marry Kane. They had a tumultuous relationship, neither truly caring for the other. Their union was out of convenience and loyalty rather than genuine interest. Kane also fell into the pitfalls of tradition when it came to marriage; Lucia was expected to stay home while he worked. This did not work out as Lucia refused to sit idly by. Her determination to have a career of her own was one of many sources of tension between them. Even though they had no interest in being together, they were married for a decade until Lucia decided to file for divorce. It was a painstaking process and took longer than she hoped, but Lucia finally freed herself. A big reason for her finally ending her horrid marriage was Severus Snape.

Not long before the events that kicked off the final battle to defeat Voldemort, Dumbledore asked Lucia for a favor. He knew Severus would most likely be killed before Voldemort was defeated. However, he refused to accept that as absolute. So he made a plan with Lucia one evening to find and save Severus when that day came. And it did. Lucia followed a light to the boathouse where Severus laid dying, and she took him with her. In the month following the end of Voldemort's reign, Lucia helped Severus recover. In turn, they developed an unexpected friendship. But Lucia's feeling quickly became more.

It took a lot of effort and convincing on her part to warm Severus up to the idea of being in a relationship. Eventually he caved. He never did understand why Lucia became enamored with him, or how it happened so suddenly. But Lucia only faced him with more understanding than he's ever experienced. So once he realized that he was deserving of such things as love, it was clear how well matched they were. And their relationship continues to progress to this day.

 And their relationship continues to progress to this day