CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"I need to go inside and find him." Freya told as Oscar had turned away to reach for the candles that were to be placed on the table. "Once I'm sure his mind is stable, then we can fix the pendant."

"Well, then stop talking and get in there."

"Klaus." Esme's voice was stern when she spoke, bringing his attention to flicker towards his wife and the way her jaw clenched due to the way he spoke to each person who wanted to help. "Let them get to work. How about you take a walk? Get some air? Please." Klaus had shifted on his feet as he listened to the words before parting his way from the four and it brought Esme to asking her question. "You can do this right?"

Freya nodded, she knew she was never to give up either. "He's my brother. I'm not gonna stop until he's safe."

Esme had parted from the three within the parlour knowing that it was right for her to check upon the children who were enjoying each other's company. Hopefully they're enjoyment was to last for the remainder of the day as their were problems in which they were to try and be rid of. The light brunette hurried down the steps with hope of returning towards Oscar, Freya and Hayley to see how close they were from starting the spell and reaching into Elijah's mind with use of the pendant in which carried his essence.

There was fear among them all. What would happen if Freya and Oscar couldn't find Elijah's core of his consciousness? Were they to mourn? Were they to lose always and forever? The thought had been swarming around Esme's mind that led to her frown, she carried a drained demeanour with her as her lips formed a pout and her eyes were gentle, filled with sadness. Her haunting thoughts of what could ruin their family had been interrupted with the call of her name. "Esme?"

The familiar voice had brought her to sighing with relief that there was more who could comfort and which led to her rushing down the stairs when she had spotted Rebekah and Kol. Each had greeted her with a faint smile as they had found out about Elijah's death with vampires falling within a club where they didn't expect to end their fun and nor did they think they were return to mourning. "Hey." Esme greeted softly as her arms held out to embrace both siblings, who had missed the hugs in which the brunette had always given that caused their heads to nestle in the crook of her neck. "Thank God you made it here. Nik needs you."

He did. Niklaus truly needed his siblings, knowing that they were facing the same kind of loss with him, as the four of them strictly vowed always and forever before their transformations into the supernatural beings they had become.

Klaus had found company with Elijah's corpse, laying in his coffin. He had words in which he was to share with his brother and promises to make. As he gripped onto the side of the coffin, his eyes lingered on his brother as never had he thought that at some moment in his life he was to deal with the emptiness of his presence by his side. The coldness brought a chill that Klaus wasn't familiar with that seemingly made it difficult for him to stand and comprehend which was why his promise was so importantly made. "This will not be your end. I will not rest until I bring you back. No matter how many I have to kill to insure it."

"Sounds fun." Rebekah had spoke, interrupting the moment between Klaus and Elijah as she was fuelled with rage as her brother had been ripped from the world. Klaus had turned on his feet to meet his sister who stood behind him and having her by his side had brought him this slight weight off of his shoulders. "I could do with a bit of murder and mayhem."

Klaus had hurried towards his sister in order to embrace her into a hug that was far needed than thought. The warmth and comfort of her hug had brought him to sigh and as the blonde had thought of murder and mayhem he had voiced a way in which would've been to her protection. "Perhaps you should have stayed where you were."