Chapter 18

Sweet Dreams launched herself at Rena and Chat, they had no time to dodge as she brought her swords down on the two. Luckily Chat and Rena were ready, Chat pulled out his baton just as Rena pulled out her flute, both of them barely able to block. She was extremely strong. Chat felt his strength wavering as he grabbed the baton with his second hand.

"You call yourselves heroes? You can barely stand your ground against me." Sweet Dreams hissed, her voice laced with vemon. Putting his weight on one foot, Chat shot the other one out, looping it around Sweet Dream's ankle, pulled it out from under her. Taking this to their advantage, the two heroes lept onto the railing. Watching to make sure that Sweet Dreams was following. She was. Letting out a scream of anger, the cracks worsened up her arms, dust flying around her like angry bees. Rena took note of this as Chat lept onto a rooftop, trying to get onto even footing. So, the cracks will change with her mood. Rena flew down after Chat, landing on one of the rooftops. From there the two lept from building to building, stopping on one of them and turning to face Sweet Dreams.

As she neared them, Sweet Dreams took note that their energy was starting to ebb away.

"Hurry and take Chat Noir's Miraculous. Take Rena Rouge's as well while your at it," Hawkmoth said through the akuma, "And you'd better get Ladybug's Miraculous if you want to keep your pow-"

"Yeah yeah Hawkmoth," Sweet Dreams said, cutting him off, "Get their Miraculouses, I get it."

"YOU DARE DISRESPECT HAWKMOTH? I GAVE YOU THIS POWER, I CAN TAKE IT AWAY AS EASILY-"

"GO AHEAD," Sweet Dreams yelled back, "I don't need your power, I have enough of my own." Rena and Chat watched this scene unfold. They had never seen an akuma defy Hawkmoth to this extent. Marinette was extremely powerful, but how? (Stupid, stupid children, it's so obvious)

"N-no, that's impossible, you can't be," Hawkmoth said, piecing it together (remember, this is the guy who akumatized Gorilla to see if Adrien really was Chat Noir).

"Nothing's impossible, is it. Now, if you don't let me fight, after I destroy these two, you'll be next." Hawkmoth dropped their connection, still trying to wrap his head around the events that had just transpired (+1 vocab :P).

"D-did she just reject Hawkmoth?" Rena asked, in shock.

"I have no idea." They watched as Sweet Dreams dropped on the rooftop in front of them. Then they stared as the cracks slowly filled. She was now back to the first state Chat saw her in, mask and all. It was obvious that the interaction with Hawkmoth had calmed her.

"We need to be careful, if she starts singing, it's all over." Rena said to Chat.

"I know."

"What's the matter you two, afraid I'll start singing?" Sweet Dreams said as the two stiffened, "Don't worry, I'll make it fair." She pulled the mask off. The cracks spindled back up her arms. Not as bad as the very first time, but no matter how many times they saw the cracks change, it would always create a sense of uneasiness. She pulled out the twin swords again.

"Get back Rena," Chat said as her necklace beeped.

"Are you sure."

"Yeah, just remember the plan." Chat said as Rena lept back.

"Down to you and me, huh Chatton," Sweet Dreams said, stepping forward.

"Guess so," Chat said, pulling out his baton. He waited cautiously, giving a silent prayer that their plan would work.

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

Hi everyone!

We're down to our favorite idiots! Also, I feel like mentioning the fact that ALya was the first person to guess that Adrien is Chat Noir...Don't believe me? Go back to the end of LadyWiFi.

Hawkmoth was second.

Marinette, the MAIN FREAKING CHARACTER, not only sees both Adrien and Chat every day, saw a photo of Adrien that Alya photoshopped to be wearing Chat Noir outfit (LadyWiFi), sees BOTH of them have a feather allergy (Pigeon ep.), BUT SHE SAW HIM DRESSED AS CHAT WITHOUT THE MASK (Frightengale ep), and still hasn't realized Anything...

Welp

Anyways, main battle's beginning folks!

Bye Bye For Now!

—Fake Angel—

(*'꒳'*)