c h a p t e r t e n

Start from the beginning

Then there was a small pause as Kahlani began to think.

"Okay, I have an idea but you might not like it."

"I'll take anything at this point."

"We're gonna visit Thomas."

Thomas is interning for a huge law firm in the Tampa area. When him and Kimora were together, he always talked about he wanted to be an Environmental Lawyer, but to get there he has to start at the bottom to make his way to the top.

So that's how Kimora and Kahlani found him carrying eight cups of coffee at the mall beside his law firm. Interning did get him quite a bit of money, but most of the time Thomas was ordered around to get people their coffees.

"He's gonna drop them." Kimora mumbles under her breath, still hidden from Thomas' view.

"Then go help him dumbass." Keyla says. Somehow Keyla heard about how Kimora and Kahlani were going to find Thomas, so Keyla jumped into her car and met up with them.

"How did you even know we were together?" Kahlani asks Keyla.

"I saw you guys were at the mall on snapchat maps. You guys need to be careful with that, some creepy stalker could find you guys." Keyla says as she sips from her water bottle.

"Noted, now go Kim!" Kahlani says as she gives a small shove to Kimora.

"I'm going, I'm going."

Speed walking towards Thomas, Kimora's heartbeat beings to escalate. The last time she's talking to Thomas was when she left him a nasty voice message about what she'd do to his balls if she ever saw him again.

"Need some help?" Kimora asks facing Thomas' back.

"Uh, no it's alr-"

Thomas was in shock before he could finish his sentence. When he turned around, he wasn't expecting to see Kimora with a warm smile on her face, she was just as beautiful as the first time he met her.

"Kim-"

"You sure you don't need help Thomas? You look like you're struggling a bit." Kimora says with a small chuckle as she watches Thomas try and juggle the drink trays.

"Uh, sure I could use some help." Thomas says as he hands a tray over to Kim.

"Alright, lead the way." Kim says as she begins to walk side by side with Thomas.

"So, how have you bee-" Kimora is then cut off by Thomas' phone ringing.

Thomas then slides his phone of of his back pocket and Kimora couldn't help but notice the word 'Baby'  written across his screen. Thomas quickly ends the call and slides his phone back into his pocket, his cheeks beginning to turn pink.

"So I'm guessing you're doing great." Kimora says with a genuine smile.

"Uh, yeah I am. How about you, how are you doing?" Thomas asks.

"I'm doing good, way better than before, sorry about those voicemails by the way." Kimora says with a nervous laugh.

"Nah, it's okay. If I was you I'd say that shit to me too." Thomas confesses.

"So, what are you doing at the mall? Last time I remember, you said you hated coming to malls." Thomas asks as he holds the door that leads to the parking lot open for Kim.

"I still do, but I was here looking for you." Kimora answers.

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I'm not trying to get back together with you, I just got a question."

"Ask away then."

"Why did you break up with me?"

If Kimora had asked the question a month ago, Thomas wouldn't have known what to say. But since then, he's got a lot of time to think about why he truly left Kimora.

"I never came first." Thomas answered in a heart beat.

"Wait, what?"

"I never came first to you Kim, but who did was Mathieu." Thomas answers truthfully.

"Mathieu's my best friend." Kimora answers.

"He may be your best friend, but I can tell just by looking at you when you see him, that you're in love with him." Thomas says.

"Really?"

"Yes, everyday I wished that you gave me that same look, but I never got the chance to get it for myself."

"Thomas, I'm so so sorry." Kimora replies.

"No it's alright, he's one lucky guy. So, how are you and Mathieu?"

"That's the thing, he's really mad at me and isn't answering any of my calls or texts." Kimora sighs.

"Then what are you doing here with me? Why aren't you trying to get him back?" Thomas questions just as they walk up to his car.

"It's never that easy."

"Oh, but it is Kim. You guys have something that I can only dream of having."

"Tho-"

"No I'm being serious Kim." Thomas says as he lays the tray of coffees on the top of his car.

"I don't know what to do Thomas."

"Well I do. Just go talk to him, you guys have known each other for years, that just doesn't disappear." Thomas states truthfully.

"Alright, I'll talk to him. Thanks for this Thomas, really." Kimora says with a shy smile.

"It's no problem, I'll see you around?" Thomas asks as he unlocks his car and places the two trays onto his passenger seat.

"Yeah, you will."

Kimora then backs up a few steps to allow Thomas to get into his car. With one final wave, Kimora lets out a shaky breath and begins to make her way back into the mall.

But before she could cross the street, Thomas' car passes by in front of her.

"Hey Kim!"

"Yeah?"

"I hope you get him one day."

"I do to Thomas, I do to."