Chapter 1- The Runaway

She was abused since childhood, beaten black and blue. Until she graduated, since Philippines at that time has only 4 years in High School, she thought that she had enough of this what you call “family” who were supposed to help and love one another. But no, she has type “I made you, now serve me” kind of crap.

So she left home and called her cousins Jacob and Jr. Her childhood friends who she could trust her life with; she waits until one accepted the call.

Philippines, Zamboanga City

2:15 AM, Azul Resto.

“Nic?” A sleepy voice calls her name. She recognized it was her cousin Jacob.

“Hey Jake, sorry for disturbing; I need a favour”

She heard a heavy sigh from the other line and a switch clicked.

“Are you aware that it’s already 2:25 in the morning?” Jacob said sluggishly.

“No…Uhm.. You see.. There’s a..” I stuttered feeling nervous of what I’m about to say.

“Nic I want to sleep” He grumbled.

Oh-oh. Need to wake this man up.

 “There’s a situation” There I finally said it.

“Wait. What situation?” Jacob seems to be alarmed and got serious right away.

“I ran away from home bro”

There was a time of silence.

“Huh.. Where are you?” He questioned, more like a demand.

“I’m at Azul Resto near Camins Highway, 20 minutes’ walk from home.”

“Are you inside?” His question was on panic. While I hear him moving and some keys jingling.

“Yeah” I said as I scanned the crowd while drinking my Chocolate Milkshake.

Who gives a crap about life anyway?

But my incessant thoughts where cut off when Jacob replied.

“Be there in 10”

He ended. I waited.