Chapter 2

The infamous Kylo Ren continued to stare at my hazel eyes through his black plated chrome mask, waiting for me to say something; to tell him that I do know who he is. But, fear got the better of me as I bit down on my tongue to keep it from saying anything that I might regret.

Sensing that I wasn't going to say anything, Ren mocked, "Cat got your tongue?" He snickered as he took a small step back; his laughter distorted from his mask. I glared my hazel eyes at the silver and black mask. I wanted to say something witty, but I still kept my mouth shut. Ren leaned down a few inches, invading my personal space. "It would be wise of you to answer me," He paused, his face hovering over mine, just about a foot away. "You know I can take whatever I want." A cold trembling sensation was sent down my back, as he pulled his masked face away from me, and took a step back; waiting for my reply.

Taking a deep, shaky breath, I countered, "You may try to extract information out of me, but I can't guarantee you that I will be forthcoming."

"You don't have to be," he said, as he put his hands behind his back.

"Why?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"Because I can always force the information out of you," he replied.

I gulped. I really don't want Kylo Ren roaming around my head right now. Actually, scratch that. I never want him in my head. My head is my private place where I can think my mind palace. Plus, I have important information about the Resistance that I don't want to fall into the hands of the First Order. I watched Kylo Ren start to slowly walk in a circle around the contraption, keeping his eyes trained on me.

"How did you get on board the Finalizer?" he questioned.

"I-I really don't know," I answered. "I just woke u—"

"I told you not to lie to me," he harshly snapped from behind me, making my body jolt at the sudden tone in his voice. "Now," he came back around and stopped to face me. "Tell me the truth, or I will force it from you."

"I told you the truth," I responded. "I don't remember how I got on board this ship. All I remember is waking up here in this room, strapped to this table."

In a flash, Kylo Ren had extended his black-gloved hand forward, causing my head to abruptly slam against the headrest of the table, eliciting a small moan from my lips. Now, usually, I would be stoked to actually to see the Force in action, but now, I was completely and utterly terrified. I mean, he was actually using the Force—against me!

My heartbeat quickened as I felt a sudden throbbing pain in my head. He was starting to probe through my mind; searching for answers that would explain how I got on board the Finalizer. However, I knew it was a only matter of time before he discovers that I'm in fact not from this world and that my brain contains some pretty important information about this world; specifically, where the Resistance base is located, and where to find Luke Skywalker. If he did learn of this, then the Resistance would have no chance of defeating the First Order. Plus, it would lead to the death of Luke Skywalker, which I really didn't want to happen. So, I closed my eyes and imagined a steel vault sealing all of the knowledge that I knew about this universe, including information that I knew about my world as well. I just couldn't let him have access to this information. It's just too dangerous.

"So, you were telling the truth." Ren hissed, the mechanical helmet distorting his reply. "But, I can sense that you are withholding information from me." He paused, tilting his head slightly to the right. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Oh Kylo Ren, there are so many things I'm not telling you," I groaned, my eyes shooting wide open as the discomfort continued to grow, making it hard to focus. "And I can't tell you any of it."

"Can't or won't?" he snarled. He took a menacing step forward, his right hand getting closer to my face like two magnets attracted to each other. At the same time, I felt the pain suddenly increase, causing my hands to clamp together; fingernails digging into my skin. I bit down on my tongue to keep from screaming as Ren continued to scour through my brain, digging deeper and deeper, until I felt him stubble upon the closed steel vault.

"I wonder what's behind this door," he sneered before starting to push his way through but found that there was some kind of force blocking him from continuing any further.

"You're not getting in there," I grimaced, biting down hard on my tongue to suppress the blood-curtailing scream that was clawing inside my throat, waiting to be released.

"We'll see."

Suddenly, white-hot searing pain erupted inside my head. Instantly, my fists clenched together turning my knuckles white as snow; fingernails biting into my skin, causing crimson blood to slowly seep out. My eyes shut tight as an agonizing, high piercing scream had forced its way out of my throat, filling every nook and cranny in the room. My body started to quiver due to the sheer amount of force Ren was using.

"Let me in!" he growled as he continued to try and force his way into the closed vault, only to be blocked again by me. I couldn't let him in there. I just couldn't!

My body began to shake violently, singling that I couldn't keep this battle up for much longer. So, gathering up what little strength I had left, I forced Kylo Ren out of my head.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I yelled, my throat sore from screaming.

Slowly, I felt the pain in my head start to recede until all I could feel was just a small throbbing pain in the back of my head. My chest heaved up and down, taking in deep breaths of air, to try and calm my racing heart down. I gradually opened my heavy eyelids to find that Ren wasn't standing in front of me anymore. He was, instead, lying against the wall across from me.

"W-w-what?" I managed to say before Ren got off the ground, dusting off his clothes.

"Hmm," he hummed, taking a step forward and analyzing me. "I wasn't expecting that."

"W-wha?" I breathed out again as I felt my body start to drift into unconsciousness.

"Finding a force-sensitive individual on board my ship. Must be my lucky day."

I found myself staring wide-eyed at Ren, trying to process what he had just said, but that mental battle I had with him, had left my body and mind completely exhausted. My eyelids had started to droop, blurring my vision and making it hard to see what Ren was doing. However, before I knew what was going on, I heard a dark, sinister voice coming from my right, startling me.

"Sleep well."

And with that, I was out.