Twenty One. Lost.

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry..."

"She just invited me to her wedding. She just... She didn't even ask if I was okay. And when I said I couldn't go, she said I don't love her." I took a deep breath, realizing I was just dumping all that stuff over him.

"I think Vince wouldn't mind if you asked for a few days off."

"He wouldn't. I would. I just don't feel any type of connection to her. She left, never looked back. And, I mean, that'll just be another divorce. There'll be another wedding I can attend. I wasn't even invited to the last one, so I don't know what's so important this time."

"She's your mother."

"And I'm her daughter. She could, at least, know what is happening with me. With job. Vince once gave me a shot for the belt on FCW. I was training for like 6 months, and she was still here. Did she even see my match? Nope. She was too busy. Getting a new hairstyle." I rolled my eyes. It was true, she didn't even think about attending. It was just a silly match, Vince indulging me, but still meant something to me.

"You got a shot for the belt on fucking FCW, that early?"

"Wasn't a big thing. They knew I wouldn't win, anyway."

"But you got it." He chuckled, surprised.

"Only because Vince's almost like my godfather. Did you know he was the first person to hold me as a baby, after my parents?" I chuckled, and he shook his head no. I shrugged. "It was just something dumb to make me happy."

"You know, you could get a shot for the Diva's belt if you asked him." He raised his eyebrows, and I nodded yes.

"Yeah, we talked about it. He wanted me to turn on AJ, but I didn't really want to do it like that. I'm next in line after whoever wins next, tho."

"Then you'll be the Divas Champ. And I could get a shot to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, uh? The power couple."

"If the Shield disbands before that, I don't see why not." I chuckled. "Hey... I feel like we should talk about what happened."

Stephen took a deep breath and laid down beside me, turning on his side to look at me. "Alright."

"You don't have to worry about Dean provoking you all the time. He said me and he... We're not a family, so we don't really have anything besides business. I'm not even talking to him."

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I mean, I'm kinda hurt because I did hope he'd end up accepting that we are partners and we could get the best of it, but what's the use of trying when he doesn't want that?"

"Dean is a complicated man, maybe it's better this way."

"I know." I smiled.

He smiled back at me and then kissed me.

"I better go to sleep. AJ is waiting." I took a deep breath, so he nodded.

"Alright." He sat up as well and hugged me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled, before standing up. "Well, goodnight, then."

"Goodnight."

After flashing a last smile at him, I closed the door and went back to my room. AJ was already sleeping, so I took a shower and sat on the edge of my bed. I still felt like there was something wrong, but I didn't know what.

So I took a deep breath and laid down with AJ. When she felt me next to her, she wrapped her arms around me, and I smiled, cuddling her, and slowly falling asleep.