Twelve. Gentle.

"Without you in my life, I'd slowly wilt and die. But with you by my side, you're the reason I'm alive." - Mötley Crüe

I've been down, I've been beat. I've been tossed into the street. Making nickels, begging dimes, just to get my bottle of wine!

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I mumbled on my pillow, reaching for my cellphone and turning off the alarm.

Me, Seth and Leigh ended up staying late talking and drinking, so I didn't really want to wake up early. Which means I tried go back to sleep, but before I could, the alarm hit again. This time I looked at the screen.

'8:30am. Gym time, yo lazy fucker'.

I chuckled at myself, hit dismiss and took a deep breath. Turning to face the ceiling for a few seconds, I stretched my back and yawned, then threw the covers beside me. "Morning, Lacey." I whispered to myself, before walking to the bathroom.

Morning routine was nothing like Patrick Bateman's. No ice packs for my puffy face, no 1000 stomach crunches. Does anyone actually do that, anyway? I had actually bought a deep pore cleanser lotion, but who gives a shit? I stared at it for a few seconds, before shrugging and simply washing my face with cold water. I brushed my teeth, then my hair, and instead of letting it loose, I actually decided to braid it.

I walked over to my wardrobe and stripped off of my pajamas, put on some gym clothes and laced up my Chuck Taylor's, already mentally preparing myself for what I was just about to do.

With a smirk, I walked out of my room and stopped in front of Leigh and Seth's room, reaching for the doorknob, taking a deep breath, closing my eyes and finally opening the door.

"SETH, LEIGH, IT'S GYM TIME! WAKE UP, WAKE UP! I'M GOING DOWNSTAIRS TO MAKE BREAKFAST AND I WANT THE TWO OF YOU DOWN THERE IN FUCKING FIVE!" I yelled, then stepped back. "No worries, eyes were closed in case you were naked." I laughed and closed the door, finally opening my eyes again, then jogged downstairs.

A quick, but healthy, breakfast was soon ready, for the three of us, and I sat down, pouring some milk for myself.

"Morning." I said, as they sat down.

"Fuck you." He replied, starting to pour coffee for him.

"Be nice." Leigh smacked his head, before giving me a peck on the cheek and sitting down as well.

"Fuck." Seth sighed, before looking at me, opening a big fake smile, while I held my laugh. "Good morning, Lacey, my dear. Did you sleep well? I certainly hope so." He looked at Leigh, still holding his fake smile. "Enough?"

"Douche." She rolled her eyes and I laughed.

"You can sleep more when we get back from gym." I shrugged.

After eating breakfast, we drove to gym and trained until lunch time, so we stopped at a random place, got some food and went back home. The two of them went to their room, and I went to mine, so I could take a shower. After drying my hair and putting on some fresh clothes, I was ready to go downstairs, when my cellphone started ringing.

"Yeah?" I answered, not even minding to check who was it.

"Lacey?" Oh, God, the Irish accent.

"Oh, hey, Shea! How's it going?" I asked, smiling.

"I'm alright. Just wanted to apologize for the other night..."

"It's fine, me and the guys stayed at the hotel to watch movies and shit. I mean, no problems."

"Okay... Hm, so, I was thinking if I could come over?"

"You... Mean at Seth's? You know it's not a 5 minute ride, do you?" I chuckled.