Part 10

Part 10 (Final)

"And you're sure about this."

The response came after a moment of silence that felt unending. Neither party stepping down, each knowing that whoever would be the first to speak would be the one who would show their wrists to the other in defeat. And at this moment, it appeared the flame bearded man on top of the throne had been the one to lay down his arms at this moment.

"Yes." His heir spoke, glancing momentarily as the streaks of sunlight that poured in from the windows in the throne room. "I'll return when I feel it's my time to succeed you."

Enji cracked a smile, a small laugh escaping his lips as he saw his son begin to turn and head towards the door. So this was how things were now... after everything...

"Shouto." His father spoke, causing the male to pause in his strides.

Todoroki's eyes looking towards the older male as he turned slightly to look back at the man on top of the throne. His body showing that despite his father speaking to him in a way that asked him to freeze in his tracks, the young prince had done so out of courtesy and not because he felt like he was forced to.

Enji sighed, looking towards the side with a neutral face and thin line on his lips. His cerulean eyes seeming to have much to say, but his mind and lips could only process so much of it.

"Bring her flowers... she always appreciates the gesture."

Todoroki nearly nodded before continuing on his way down the throne room until he reached to doors. And soon enough, he was outside of the room, closing the door behind him slowly until it clicked closed.

In front of him now wasn't the ruler and father, but rather a group of individuals who he was certain had been trying to listen in on the discussion that had been happening behind the doors for the last several minutes.

"Well?" Uraraka asked, her feet hovering off the ground gently.

Iida gently tugged her back down to the floor, sighing at how his companion's emotions were more linked to her mark than anyone he had ever seen. But, at this moment, he could understand her nerves. After all... a confrontation with King Enji wasn't exactly on anyone's desirable events.

"He's not going to stop me." Todoroki stated, looking towards his friend with a small smile. "Nor is he going to demand for me to come home... I made that very clear. And for once... it looks like he's actually going to abide by my own wishes."

"So that means you can come with us, correct?" Tsuyu asked, touching her chin with her finger as her head tilted to the side.

Todoroki chuckled, nodding his head almost shyly to the other five individuals near him. Their forms going from nervous and anticipating to excited and overjoyed with his simple act. Todoroki blinked as Uraraka and Midoriya had thrown their arms around him and hugged either side of the male.

Iida and Shinsou merely nodded their heads towards him, and Asui's bright smile let him know that everyone was more than happy to hear that the aloof prince would finally be allowed to go on his own adventures now.

"Of course... I need to visit my mother first before we can truly embark on this journey." He clarified as he was being freed from the loving embrace.

"Of course! Of course!" Uraraka beamed. "Anything else?"

"Well..." He sighed, glancing down. "I still have a few more things to wrap up here before I can truly leave."

"Well... let's leave tomorrow morning then." Midoriya spoke, his allies nodding to him as he spoke. "We'll all have time to get supplies and you can wrap up whatever else needs to be taken care of."