"you mentioned something about love letters?" Dave asks looking at your mother. She nods "do you happen to have any?"

You nod "i keep them hidden in my room" 

"would you be able to give them to us? it may help us find who did this." You nod. "i'll have a police escort you and your family back to the house, they will wait outside for the letters once fished here if thats alright." you all nod. 

An hour of two go by of questions, and answering and finally you get through them all and are aloud to go home. You stand with your parents more then ready to go home. You all walk out and wait for the policemen who will be escorting you home. You deiced to ride with your mother, felt relaxed being in her prescience. You get in the car a let out a long sigh. 

"its going to be ok." Your mother kisses your fore head and begins to drive home. The ride seems endless and everlasting. As soon as your mother pulls in, you make a run for it to your room. You quickly grab Jeffs letter, and hide it in your bra, knowing nobody will find it there. You Hide your stuffed turtle under your bed, while under your bed you grab the box full of all the love letters you kept. Why aren't you turning him in? Why are you protecting him? Why...he kidnapped you, killed countless people, and is a clear mad man. Why are you protecting him..

You hear your door open and you see your mother standing in your doorway. "come on, we should give them to the police." You nod and walk downstairs with the box. You hand the box over to the police. 

"thank you for your cooperation, we will get back to you if we find anything." they turn and walk out back there car. You go back upstairs and flop on your bed. Your phone goes off. An unknown number. 

'you alright? what happened?' 

' who is this? ' you respond with.

'just a guy with a wide smile'. You knew right away it was Jeff. 

' why didn't you tell me you escaped from a mental hospital. or about the people you killed. I desired to know that, kind of important when not only in a relationship but also two feet away from me in my own house. '

'didn't think 'hi i just escaped from a mental hospital, and im also a well know mass murder' mad for a very good introduction. i was going to tell you when i though i knew you wouldn't leave me cause of it.' 

' but kidnapping me, beating me up, and knocking me out did. ' 

'i started with the letter and the stuffed turtle, it wasn't right away.' 

' it was pretty close to it. They asked about you. '

'what did you say..?' 

' i lied...said i haven't seen you...'

'what else happened?'

' they just asked a bunch of questions about my love life, my school life, social life, and stuff like that cause they think the person breaking into school is doing it to get my attention. '

'do you want me to walk you to school?' 

' no, i think that will make things worse. They were talking about a police escort to and from school. '

'your kidding?'

' sadly no, thankfully my parents agreed that it isn't at that point but if it gets to that point it will happen. ' 

'do you want me over, a body guard or something?'

' no..not for a while.. '

'look im sorry i didn't tell you, i just couldn't take seeing you with other people anymore. Seeing you receive all those letters everyday, i hated it. I want to hold you, i want to protect you, keep you safe. i wanted to be that guy. Not all those other guys who cant do it like me. I can keep you safe, I can keep you out of danger. I need you..'

' promise.. '

'i promise...'

' i need some time, but i will admit having you over will make me feel a little more at ease, so you can come over for the night, just be sure to be quite. ' 

' ill be at your window in about 10min '

You set your phone down and unlock your window door. You walk over to your door and lock it, you cant risk your parents walking in with Jeff in your room. You sit down on your bed checking the news looking for anything that might be able to help you or give you any information on the break in at your school. Sadly nothing. After a few min you feel a weight on the end of your bed. you look up and see Jeff sitting on the edge of your bed. 

"hey" Jeff doesn't try and move closer. 

"hey.." you look at Jeff clearly unsure of how your feeling twords him now. 

"so ho-" Jeff began to talk but you cut him off

"i don't understand, your insane..your a bad guy..you done countless bad things. Yet i protected you, hide you from the cops. And on top of that. I not only feel safer with you around, but as well as still thinking your not a bad guy even though i know you are.."  you bury your head in Jeffs chest utterly confused, while holding back tears. 

Jeff strokes your hair. "im not a bad guy...just..a guy who has done bad things. You have done things your not proud of, and that where considered wrong, but your a good person. Its all just a matter of how we make our choices in life" Jeff holds you close as you begin to cry.