What exactly are you hiding behind that beautiful mask mother?

I still don't understand. I never thought you would ha-

"Announcing the arrival of His Majesty, the Emperor!" The loud and clear voice interrupted my thoughts announcing the Emperor's arrival.

*Thump Thump*

Strange...

My heart started beating fast just by the mention of him.

It felt like I was meeting him after a long, long time.

Ah, I truly missed him.

The chattering of people faded away and the hall immediately fell into silence. The people stood up from their respective seats, ready to greet their grand guests. The consorts were so happy to meet the Emperor for the first time, so they tried to present themselves as attractive as possible by adjusting their clothes and mannerly waiting for His Majesty's arrival.

Looking at the pretty consorts I grimaced in pain. Only if I had wives who would eagerly present themselves for me.

A few moments later the Son of Heaven gracefully marched into the hall as all eyes fell on him in awe. No matter how many times you look at that majestic being you'd never get enough of it.

He was a man exuding intimidation and dignity. His sharp dark eyes could pierce the thickest blades and turn people into mere dust. His silk black hair was like the flow of a lake lightly swaying to his every move. Every step he took forward was full of elegance and power. He wore exquisite red robes that had the seal of the golden dragon embroidered, perfectly outlining his muscular figure which made his aura more formidable.

 He wore exquisite red robes that had the seal of the golden dragon embroidered, perfectly outlining his muscular figure which made his aura more formidable

~Emperor, Wei Xiang~

Truly worthy of the title "Emperor".

His eyes held a hint of arrogance as he walked, not bothering to spare a glance at anyone presented at the banquet, even the beauties.

No one could refuse the cold sweat forming on their foreheads by staying in the same room as the Emperor, except Mother Empress and I. The ladies looked dazzled by the Emperor's charm but at the same time, they feared him.

He advanced to his dragon seat and sat down as the chief eunuch and the rest of the servants stood behind him.

Next, the Empress Dowager who had an angelic atmosphere took her seat next to the stairs followed by the Empress who sat beside her.

Seeing the Empress Dowager unharmed my heart was finally at peace. She never deserved to die so early.

I vowed, that there won't be a next time.