Midnight Picnic - Daniel Ricciardo

#11 "We could get arrested for this"
~~~
Requested by f1lovesme
Sorry it was quite late.
Enjoy!

"Come on (Y/n)!" Daniel whined. He wanted to go to the park a few miles away for dinner but it was midnight and the park gates were locked.

"No, I'm not doing something illegal" You said back.

"Please!".

"No"

"Please!"

"No"

"Please!"

"No"

"Please!"

"Fine!"

"Plea-" Daniel cut himself off, "what?"

"I said fine" You finally gave in.

"Yes!" Daniel jumped up of the sofa and pulled you up as well. He grabbed the basket filled with food from the kitchen worktop.

"Come on (Y/n)!" Dan shouted.

You laughed and followed him out to the car.

When the two of you arrived at the closed park, you got out and followed Dan to a gap in the fence. You crawled through and let Dan find the right spot.

"(Y/n) I've found it!" Daniel shouted from the other side of the park.

"Shush, if they hear us we'll be locked up idiot" You whisper-shouted.

"We'll be fine".

You followed Daniel's voice to a beautiful spot under a big old oak tree on top of a small hill. He had put down a red tartan blanket on the grass and spread out the food. Various sandwiches, crisps, sweets and chocolate-dipped strawberries. A bottle of champagne sat in the middle with two champagne flutes beside it.

"Dan, this looks amazing!" You said.

"I'm glad" Dan smiled.

Daniel popped the cork out of the champagne bottle and poured you both a drink.

"Cheers" Dan said as he raised his glass.

"Cheers" You raised your glass too.

xxx

It had gotten a lot later into the night, you and Daniel were still sat on the blanket in the closed park. Both of you had eaten all the food, drunk all the champagne and now you were layed down on your backs looking up at the sky.

"Come on, we need to go now" You sat up and looked at the Australian still layed down.

"Why?" Daniel whined.

"Because this is still classed as trespassing. We could get arrested for this" You said, "and you'll have to pay for my bale".

Daniel laughed loudly.

"Ok, I'm coming" Daniel sat up and began putting all the rubbish into a nearby bin while you folded up the blanket and put it into the basket.

Daniel linked arms with you as you both walked back towards the gap in the fence.